Job Title: Athletic Trainer
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 228448
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Athletic Trainer. The Athletic Trainer will assist the Head Athletic Trainer in providing comprehensive medical coverage to NCAA Division II Intercollegiate Athletic programs, serve as a preceptor in the Athletic Training Education Program, and direct and instruct clinical education of athletic training students.Responsibilities
- Assists with the management of the comprehensive medical care for 225 student athletes. Responsible for the prevention, recognition and rehabilitation of injuries sustained by student athletes. Coverage of home and away games, practices, and athletic training room. Baseball would be the primary sport assignment.
- Instructs, educates, critiques and evaluates clinical skills of athletic training students within the Athletic Training Education Program. As a preceptor within the Athletic Training Education Program, supervise athletic training students at home and away games, practices and athletic training room.
- Coverage of home and away games, practices, and athletic training room. Baseball would be the primary sport assignment.
- Assist Head Athletic Trainer with drug testing and inventory control.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess certain soft skills such as interpersonal skills, listening and communication skills and critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to be attentive to detail.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Graduate of a CAATE accredited athletic training education program required.
- Board Of Certification (BOC) certified required
- Eligible for licensure as an athletic trainer in the State of Georgia.
- Current professional rescuer/CPR/AED or must be able to obtain
- Experience with clinical supervision of athletic training students is preferred.
- Experience with NCAA regulations preferred.
- Experience with baseball coverage preferred.
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcripts
6/22/2021Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- Please submit contact information for three professional references