Administrative Assistant IV
Job Title: Administrative Assistant IV
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 228360
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Administrative Assistant IV in the Mike Cottrell College of Business Institute for Cyber Operations, located on the Dahlonega campus. This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Institute managing multiple grant budgets, serving as liaison with HR, Purchasing, Business & Finance, Continuing Education, Auxiliary Services, Grants & Contracts, and other on-campus and off-campus entities; and planning and overseeing events including corporate training, conferences, competitions, and camps. Includes some IT systems/accounts administration in support of the UNG Cyber Range. The position is grant-funded.Responsibilities
- Perform a range of administrative duties including communicating with stakeholders from federal agencies, corporate sponsors, faculty, administrators, and students, preparing correspondence, spreadsheets and databases, preparing forms and reports, compiling grant documentation, and serving as the first point of contact for external partners, prospective customers, and visitors to the Institute.
- Manage a dozen or more budgets across state-funded, grant-funded, foundation, scholarship, and possible revenue-related accounts, including reviewing expenditures with the Executive Director, securing IT and Purchasing approvals, and coordinating with PCard holder and entering purchase orders or coordinating personnel forms with other admin staff as appropriate. Serves as liaison with Financial Aid, Business & Finance, and Grants and Contracts to administer scholarships, support student programs and faculty professional development.
- Plan and oversee events including cyber conferences, competitions, workshops, corporate and professional training events, and summer camps. Acts as liaison with Professional and Continuing Education, Auxiliary Services, the Corps of Cadets, and external entities to successfully orchestrate and execute event management. Coordinates with Marketing Manager in college and University Relations staff to develop marketing materials, publicity, and web/print materials for programs and events.
- Some IT account administration including creating and managing identity and access for the UNG Cyber Range for students in CSCI/CYBR courses, and participants in competitions/workshops/summer camps.
- Coordinate and supervise student workers, and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of general office policies and procedures including budget processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; effective organizational and time management skills; proficient with social media, web, and related technologies.
- Ability to communicate on a professional level.
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to maintain records and meet deadlines and maintain accuracy.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- One and one half years of related administrative experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of event planning/support experience desired.
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcripts
6/22/2021Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
Please submit contact information for three professional references