Technical Support Associate I
Job Title: Technical Support Associate I
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 228414
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Technical Support Associate I on the Dahlonega campus. The Technical Support Associate's role is to provide efficient and effective technical support to end users and to maintain UNG's desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.Responsibilities
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, service desk tickets, email, or chat regarding technical incidents.
- Provides critical support for end-user technology. Provides technical assistance to faculty, staff, and students.
- Performs contracted configuration changes in coordination with other IT units.
- Perform onsite Tier I/II documented resolutions of technical issues for end users. Assists in the creation and updating of support documentation, and provides in-time training to campus faculty and staff.
- Troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required deskside service levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of PC hardware installation and repair, Windows and Apple operating systems and peripheral installation and support.
- Knowledge of PC networking in an Active Directory environment.
- Knowledge of PC imaging, remote management, and remote support.
- Working level knowledge of ITILv3 processes and ITSM best practices.
- Must possess excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task, manage workload, and meet deadlines.
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, strength to lift and carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Sitting for extended periods of time; ability to certify and maintain good standing in golf cart driver course for the purpose of transporting cumbersome objects, such as computers and peripherals; of responding to critical support calls and cross-campus transportation.
- High School Diploma required.
- One year of general computer installation, maintenance and repair experience required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Maintain a state-issued driver's license in good standing.
- Associate's degree preferred.
- Computer Science degree preferred.
- Dell, A+ or MCITP certification or equivalent preferred.
- Apple, Microsoft, and ITIL certification desired.
- Cover letter
6/22/2021Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
Please submit contact information for three professional references.