Research & Instruction Librarian
Trinity Washington University invites diverse candidates to apply for the recently opened Research & Instruction Librarian position.
The Research & Instruction Librarian takes a leading role in implementing and innovating the Library’s Information Literacy program, one of the flagship initiatives of the library. The librarian in this role will work closely with the University Librarian and other library colleagues to assess and address information literacy needs throughout the University’s many colleges and programs. The Research & Instruction Librarian will have the opportunity to design learning experiences that help students from a diverse range of backgrounds, including first-generation college students and adult learners, become critical and ethical consumers and producers of information. One-shots, one-on-one research consultations, passive learning objects, workshops, and curriculum-building comprise the variety of instruction modes this librarian will be involved with. The librarian will also closely interface with faculty members across the University to build information literacy and research goals that align with the learning objectives of Trinity’s various programs.
This position is a wonderful opportunity to build on a young information literacy & instruction program with ample latitude to adjust, customize, and innovate instruction. Candidates with a passion for critical pedagogy and liberatory education will be well-suited for this.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Research & Instruction Librarian supports the University Librarian in planning, directing, and delivering educational and information literacy initiatives in the library by fulfilling the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the Trinity Library information literacy curriculum including:
- Assisting in the development and delivery of information literacy programming, including classroom instruction and library workshops
- Managing logistics for information literacy programming, including scheduling and delegating sessions to fellow librarians
- Assisting in identifying, creating, and integrating new technologies in the library instructional programming
- Assisting in assessment planning and processing
- Assists with the development of library and/or information literacy teaching and learning content for campus faculty
- Assists in the delivery of Trinity library information literacy instruction, including on-campus and online classes/“one-shots”, one on one research help, and passive information literacy materials.
- Assists in the selection and adoption of Open Education Resources for the library and University
- Assists with the development of educational programming initiatives of the library
- Helps to promote library awareness and use
- Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually, and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
- Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through the Trinity Institute.
- Supports the values of the University: a commitment to the education of women, liberal learning, social justice, and student success.
Early career and new grads are especially encouraged to apply. Please follow the link below to complete the application process.