Associate Director of Admission
Associate Director of AdmissionTracking Code753-674 Job Description
Valparaiso University is a selective, independent Lutheran institution in Valparaiso, Indiana, an hour's drive from Chicago. In our close-knit community of 3,500 students, Valpo provides infinite possibilities for students to get involved and embrace leadership roles in the arts, Division 1 athletics, sorority and fraternity life, and throughout campus. Founded in 1859, Valpo offers a thorough foundation in the liberal arts as well as professional training and graduate study, helping students find their own paths to lifelong personal, spiritual, and professional growth.
The Associate Director of Admission will assist the Executive Director in the daily management of the Office of Undergraduate Admission. This will include supervision of the admission counseling staff assigned to this particular position, management of a recruitment territory requiring regular travel, and assisting with other office needs.
- Supervision of 6-8 on-campus direct reports.
- Effectively promoting Valparaiso University to students and families through formal presentations, individual conversations, phoning and text messaging.
- Ability to successfully communicate and build relationships with prospective students and families, high school counselors, and campus/community partners.
- Ability to think critically and independently, using problem-solving and judgment skills to make educated, professional decisions.
- Extensive overnight travel, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Evaluate application materials, transcripts, and standardized tests.
- Territory management responsibilities include utilizing research data and other resources to assist with planning travel, territory recruitment and communication outreach to promote the university.
- Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Valparaiso University will require a criminal background check.
To be considered for this position you must upload:
- Cover letter
- List of 3 professional references
- Answer all the application questions
Please address cover letter to:
Bart Harvey, Executive Director, Undergraduate Admission
Valparaiso, IN 46383
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in undergraduate admission
- Master’s degree in higher education or related field
- Experience with Slate or similar customer relationship management system
- Excellent written and verbal communication; organization skills
- Proficient in the following software: Microsoft Office, Google Suite
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
Job Location Valparaiso, Indiana, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular