Clinical Assistant Professor of Counselor Education
Clinical Assistant Professor of Counselor EducationRequisition:
Clinical Assistant ProfessorFLSA status:
Salary commensurate with education and experiencePosition Type:
Interim Full TimeCollege:
College of EducationDepartment:
Dept of Counselor EducationOpen Date:
Dr. Seth OlsonTitle:
Department of Counselor Education
Huntsville, TX 77341
The Department of Counselor Education seeks a Clinical Assistant Professor in Counselor Education to teach graduate courses in the Counselor Education department.
This is a non-tenure track, one-year appointment. Renewal of this appointment is contingent upon satisfactory performance, departmental needs, and funding availability.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Teaching graduate courses in the Counselor Education department with emphasis on clinical courses;
- Utilizing technology which will include online teaching;
- Advising and supervising graduate level counselor education students;
- Participating in professional, department, college, and university service;
- Assisting department chair with clinically related matters.
Earned Doctorate from a CACREP accredited program in Counselor Education.Experience Required for the Position:
- Successful teaching experience in higher education, utilizing distance and in-person delivery systems.
- The candidate must be a licensed professional counselor in Texas and or a licensed marriage and family therapist.
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.