Coordinator, Student Financial Aid
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-08
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The Office of Student Financial Aid is seeking a Coordinator, Student Financial Aid.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Talent acquisition partner will administer the Federal Work Study Program (FWS) on and off campus, Florida Work Experience (FWEP), and Co-Op Program.
- Act as liaison between the Career Development Center and the Financial Aid Office (Federal Work Study Team) in the management of Handshake job postings; coordinate filtering of eligible FWS student processes, participate in events related to the promotion of the program, coordinate technical support and customer service to supervisors and students with issues related to Handshake.
- Coordinate all on-campus placement of Federal Work-Study (FWS) and Florida Work Experience (FWEP) students in compliance with federal and state regulations as well as institutional policies and procedures.
- Collect required documents and complete data entry of all on and off-campus FWS student employees.
- Monitor the award eligibility and payments of students working under the Federal Work Study Program in order to stay in compliance with allocation of funds and HR requirements and resolves discrepancies.
- Coordinate the reporting of FWEP expenses and report them to OSFA. Monitor the distribution of funding and assist with reconciliation process.
- Maintain the Supervisor Training Modules in Canvas. Monitor attendance and follow-up when necessary.
- Maintain the Students Training Modules in Canvas. Monitor attendance and follow-up when necessary.
- Coordinate with Human Resources in all phases of the talent acquisition including recruitment and hiring, terminations, and renewal processes for all the Federal Work Study and FWEP assignments. Prepare EIB files per instructions provided by HR during the Summer Assignment Renewal, Fall Assignment Renewal, and Fiscal Year Change of Costing Allocation. Monitor the Student Appraisal process.
- Prepare a Calendar with start and end dates for employment dates, Costing Allocation and Compensation. Coordinate implementation of the Calendar with the Financial Aid Coordinator of Technology.
- Monitor the FWSPAID and FWEPPAID Reports to ensure student eligibility. Promptly communicate with students and supervisors when a student is no longer eligible. Work closely with the Fiscal Operations Officer in the distribution and monitoring of allocated funding.
- Create communication materials to promote the program and assure compliance. Maintain supervisors up to date with all relevant compliance issues and calendar dates.
- Monitor the allocation and disbursement of allocated funds.
- Provide statistical information in regard to the Federal Work Study Program for the preparation of the FISAP.
- Perform in-house audits to ensure that departments employing FWS student employees comply with record keeping and other federal regulations.
- Assist with the Financial Literacy Program.
- Review various reports affecting the FWS eligibility and process necessary adjustments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Customer Service experience required.
Human resource or talent acquisition experience preferred.
Proficient in MS Office and Workday experience preferred.Salary:$38,000 - $40,000College or Department:Student Financial AidLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
This position requires attendance of meetings and/or perform presentations on evenings and weekends and occasional Saturdays as required.Application Deadline: 2021-06-22-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.