Senior Motor Vehicle Operator
Job location: Davie
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-08
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Broward Support Services at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Senior Motor Vehicle Operator, Davie, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Perform scheduled pick-ups and deliveries to and from the following locations on a daily basis: Boca Raton, Ft. Lauderdale, SeaTech, and Davie Campuses.
- Provide daily delivery and pick up support of packages, resources and supplies for FAU’s Broward Campuses departments labs, offices, academic spaces and general services.
- Serve as representative to meet needs of faculty, staff and departments on the Broward Campuses with shipping, receiving and delivery requests.
- Oversee use of postage equipment and shipping supplies as well as weekly and monthly logs.
- Monitor all online forms for external/internal delivery services.
- Maintain courier gas receipts and daily travel log.
- Record and maintain mileage logs for auxiliary services on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Enter information for Auxiliary Services maintenance and audit logs.
- Assist with the needs of the campus vehicle fleet services when additional staffing is needed.
- Monitor and maintain copier supplies and services on all Broward Campuses.
- Sanitize and maintains FAU mail van and fleet vehicles and shared workspaces daily.
- Provide support to visitors, students, faculty and staff in obtaining academic resources from partners.
- Provide support for the Broward Campuses Information Desk and General Reception Areas in Davie, Fort Lauderdale and Dania Beach, which requires an in-depth knowledge of FAU's departments and services provided.
- Remain prepared to act appropriately in all emergencies.
- Work with university departments on maintaining general signage areas across all Broward Campuses.
- Receive and deliver all departmental deposits to the university Cashier’s Office for the Broward Campuses.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Office manager or the Director of Business and Financial/Auxiliary Services.
Valid driver’s license required.Salary:$12.00 - $15.00 per hourCollege or Department:Broward Campus Auxiliary and Support ServicesLocation:DavieWork Days and Hours:Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.Application Deadline: 2021-06-22-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Preference in appointment will be given to eligible veterans, spouses of eligible veterans, and certain family members of eligible veterans, in accordance with Florida Statutes, Section 295.07. Please submit your DD214 (Member 4 preferred) showing your dates and character of service with your application as an attachment or fax to 561-297-3915 or scan and email to [email protected], prior to the closing date of the position. If faxing your DD214, please also send an email to [email protected] to notify us that the form was faxed, make sure the email includes your name and the REQ# of the job that was applied to.
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume is required for this position. Make sure to attach any required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.