Academic Advisor II: MSN Program Concentration
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-08
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The College of Nursing at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking an Academic Advisor, II, Boca Raton, FL.
The Academic Advisor, II performs general and specialized advising for the Family, Adult/Gerontological, and Psychiatric Mental Health nurse practitioner concentrations, and Advanced Holistic Nursing Concentration within the Master's program. The Academic Advisor, II engages with Master's students to support the services associated with the accomplishment of academic plans of study; and engages with faculty graduate coordinators and the Assistant Dean of Graduate Programs to optimize successful progression of student through the program.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Organizes materials to support assigned concentrations’ admissions by communicating with applicants to provide program information and admission support.
- Organizes and assists with orientation of Master's students
- Oversees advising activities for assigned concentrations. Engages with Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) students to support the services associated with the accomplishment of academic plans of study; and engages with faculty and the Assistant Dean of the Graduate Practice Programs to optimize successful progression of students through the program and graduation.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of student records
- Works with the Assistant Dean for Graduate Practice Programs to assure each student understands the policies and procedures related to progression in the Master's program including registration, plans of study, and graduation certification.
- Participates in the Master's program committee, including assisting with the preparation of meeting minutes, agenda and materials for the meeting.
- Bridges communication between students, faculty and University contributing to a spirit of collegiality and optimal student teaching/learning experience.
- Collects, organizes, summarizes and disseminates data related to applicant, students and graduates of the Master's program.
- Maintains databases of Master's programs and ensures all reporting is accurate and current.
- Trains all advisers in the MSN program. Serves as resource to advisers of all MSN concentrations. Gathers data from advisers and presents summation as requested by the Assistant Dean.
- Leads professional development events and activities at the unit or campus level. Proposes innovative improvements to resources and processes to assist students and advisors in course selection, career development, and personal accountability for success.
Outstanding customer support and the ability to effectively communicate is required.Salary:$48,000 - $49,000College or Department:College of NursingLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Occasional weekends possible.Application Deadline: 2021-06-22-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.