Coordinator for Campus Life
Job location: John D. MacArthur Campus - Jupiter
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-07
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The department of Campus Life – Jupiter is seeking a Coordinator for Campus Life.
The Coordinator, Campus Life is responsible for the development, administration, coordination, and direction of the campus life and student affairs program on the John D. MacArthur Campus in Jupiter. The position requires a versatile work schedule and travel to partner campuses and/or community agencies or sites. The Coordinator for Campus Life works with students in creating and implementing programs and services related to campus life to enhance the mission and vision of the institution and the divisional goals of Student Affairs.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provides programs and services that enhance the overall educational experience of students through development, exposure, and participation in social, cultural, intellectual, recreational, community service and campus governance programs.
- Cultivates an environment in which students and student organizations are afforded opportunities and offered assistance to participate in co-curricular activities and campus governance; develop healthy interpersonal relationships and engage in activities in individual and group settings for self-understanding and growth.
- Develops and administrates assessment mechanisms to gauge program effectiveness and plays an active role in ensuring continuous improvement of campus life programs on the northern campuses.
- Supervises student employees as assigned.
- Collaborates with counterparts in the Division of Student Affairs to develop training for student leaders.
- Assists with Transfer Student Orientation, Honors College Orientation, and other Northern Campus specific large-scale events.
- Serves as the campus liaison with university wide department services and responsible for the implementation of these associated programs on the Jupiter Campus.
- Advises student government entities and registered student organizations as assigned.
- Advises the Director of Campus Life, Northern Campuses of strategies or programs that may enhance the overall experience of northern campus students.
- Requires occasional travel to partner campuses.
- Requires evening and weekend hours.
- Assists with institutional, divisional, and campus signature events as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:$38,000 - $42,000College or Department:Campus Life – JupiterLocation:John D. MacArthur Campus - JupiterWork Days and Hours:Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Some nights and weekends.Application Deadline: 2021-06-21-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.