Associate Director, Intercollegiate Athletics
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-07
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Florida Atlantic University is seeking an Associate Director Intercollegiate Athletics, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Provides leadership and is accountable for day-to-day operation of Marketing team to create and implement comprehensive marketing campaigns for each sport with objective of increasing attendance and engaging students and external fans at all events.
- Accountable for all in-game sponsor fulfillment and oversees all in-game sponsor fulfillment initiatives.
- Identifies opportunities and activates promotions for groups (e.g. youth soccer leagues, youth football leagues, school organizations, civil service organizations etc.) to participate in game day activities associated with athletic events; and collaborates with sales team to enhance season, single and group ticket sales.
- Works closely with student and University organizations.
- Creates and implements effective brand strategy that leverages FAU Athletics brand throughout all athletics sponsors by working in concert with corporate media rights holder and collaborating with third party partners.
- Serves as department liaison to FAU band, cheer/dance and mascot and collaborates to ensure band, cheer/dance and mascot are providing meaningful and engaging experiences for fans.
- Oversees the management of Marketing interns and athletic student groups.
- Executes special projects, strategic planning initiatives and other duties as assigned by the Senior Associate AD – External Relations.
- Promotes the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program by adhering to all departmental policies and procedures, as well as rules and regulations of the University, Conference USA, and the NCAA. Ensures compliance with all applicable rules and regulations.
- Serves as requested on campus, community, CUSA and NCAA committees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must be able to effectively work both independently and as part of a team.
Must be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary service
Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite strongly preferred.
Team player and collaborative, entrepreneurial mindset highly desired.Salary:$60,000 - $65,000College or Department:AthleticsLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Occasional weekends and holidays.Application Deadline: 2021-06-14-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.