Coordinator, Research Programs/Services
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-07
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The College of Engineering & Computer Science at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Coordinator, Research Programs/Services, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
The Coordinator, Research Programs/Services responsibilities involve the areas of research proposal and grant administration.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Stays current on federal, state and university research administration policies as they relate to fiscal and personnel matters, and to advise Department of same.
- Assist faculty with grant proposal budgets and various documents for entry into both internal routing system and official submission systems for review by Sponsored Programs. Track proposal data including Principal Investigator and Co-Principal Investigator effort.
- Track and manage research awards received. Monitor all expenditures on awards, create reports, act as liaison between PI and central research offices for requests, reports, etc. Prepare Research Center Reports for submission to the Board of Governors.
- Work with suppliers, vendors, consultants, sub-contract awardees, etc. to set up contracts for payment of services.
- Prepare budget amendments, payroll accounting adjustments, and journal entries, and any other documents as needed in the management of awards.
- Pre-certify effort charged to research awards.
- Serve as Human Resource Partner for hiring of students and any other employees, on grants.
- Prepares requisitions, travel authorizations and reimbursements, journal entries and other expense related documents to charge research awards for these activities. Approves pCard transactions.
- Enter tuition waivers for students on research assignments in accordance with university policy and serve as back-up for entering tuition waivers for students on teaching and/or lab assignments.
- Serve as liaison between faculty and Dean’s Office to communicate receipt of research awards and assist with writing articles to highlight research projects.
- Assist Department Chair with writing and editing newsletter material.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:$45,000 - $55,000College or Department:College of Engineering & Computer ScienceLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.Application Deadline: 2021-06-21-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.