Coordinator, Event Planning
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-07
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The Student Union is seeking a Coordinator, Event Planning.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assists the Associate Director in the overall direction of the event planning process including the development of goals, objective, outcomes, and assessment measures.
- Assists the Assistant Director of new business Sales where appropriate.
- Supervises the Event Planning administration in ensuring that all events are input in accordance with Student Union Event Planning policies for Student Union, classroom spaces, and other university venues.
- Works with clients in the planning, organizing, and execution of their event; ensuring that they are within University and Student Union policies and procedures.
- Works closely with university partners such as Dining Services and Traffic & Parking in the facilitation of events.
- Acts as primary approver of the Student Union Flyer process, ensuring that all university advertised events are in accordance with university and federal ADA marketing standards.
- Meets regularly with the event administration team to ensure that all events are scheduled properly in the Event Management System (EMS) and are in accordance with the Student Union event reservations and financial policies and procedures.
- Works closely with the Union Operations team to ensure that all room setups, diagrams, and event logistics within the EMS system are correct.
- Communicates with University Facilities regarding needs for all Outdoor Spaces via the weekly Breezeway Report.
- Oversees event planning email correspondence making sure all clients are responded to in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assists during all events happening in the Union spaces where appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director.
Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
Experience working with clients and providing excellent customer service.
Experience in event planning/logistics, managing deadlines and providing high quality execution and professionalism.Salary:$40,000College or Department:Student UnionLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Some nights and weekends.Application Deadline: 2021-06-21-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.