Transfer Admissions Coordinator
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-07
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence.
For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs.
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is seeking a Transfer Admissions Coordinator.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Works with Assistant Director of Admissions of FAU’s Broward Campuses to develop and implement procedures that will support admissions policies and facilitates student recruitment and admissions, assists with developing new undergraduate and graduate transfer recruitment plans for FAU.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and rapport with Florida State College advisors, faculty, and other administrators to promote FAU’s academic programs and transfer process.
- Counsels and advises prospective students, applicants, and family members about opportunities at Florida Atlantic University.
- Visits state/community college campuses to meet with students and advise them on transfer guidelines, requirements, prerequisites, and other admissions related matters.
- Promotes the LINK Program and FAU transfer scholarships.
- Maintains contact with businesses, universities, community colleges, and community organizations on a regular basis. Participates in community outreach efforts.
- Plans and implements workshops, presentations, events and programs to promote transfer admissions to FAU at schools, businesses and community events.
- Advises prospective transfer students on pathways to facilitate transfer to FAU.
- Supervises and trains support personnel, when applicable, to ensure proper information is disseminated.
- Coordinates and partners with FAU’s internal stakeholders on transfer and admissions matters.
- Tracks and monitors student visits, communications, and applications for admissions, and prepares reports to show return on investment.
- Processes documents includes creating applicant files, forwarding/ tracking documents to all FAU campuses, copying documents, recording all transactions, and managing databases and reviewing admissions files.
- Provides relevant referrals to other student services. Examples include offices such as Military & Veterans Student Success Center, Student Accessibility Services, and FAU Commuter Student Services.
- Collaborates with Transfer Student Services Center & Family Engagement for enrollment process and onboarding experience.
- Attends and supports New Student Orientation programs for transfer student.
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
Master's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.
College or Department:
Work Days and Hours:
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Some nights and weekends.
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.