Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-07
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The College of Arts & Letters at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Program Assistant, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Supervise program staff which consists of one undergraduate student and one graduate student in the Theatre Office.
- Train staff on University policies and procedures, monitor performance and coordinate problem solving initiatives as needed.
- Provide administrative support for Department Chair, faculty, graduate assistants and adjuncts.
- Provide administrative support to undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Process student forms and faculty materials for courses, such as overrides, book orders, grade changes etc.).
- Initiate and monitor contracts. Track and coordinate graduate application process, including the coordination of waivers, fellowships and scholarships.
- Initiate and monitor reimbursements, TAR's, foundation deposits and reimbursements, guest lecturers, guest artists, equity actors. Monitor budgets for GTAIDS, Auxiliary accounts, and Foundation accounts.
- Monitor and coordinate facilities/equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Maintain program website and update regularly.
- Assist with coordination of advertising for public events and undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Promote program events.
- Provide support to visiting artists and scholars.
- Maintain department callboard (video, email and paper) and update regularly.
- Assist with department special projects.
- Order and maintain supplies.
- Perform other related duties.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:$13.00 - $16.50 per hourCollege or Department:College of Arts & LettersLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.Application Deadline: 2021-06-21-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Preference in appointment will be given to eligible veterans, spouses of eligible veterans, and certain family members of eligible veterans, in accordance with Florida Statutes, Section 295.07. Please submit your DD214 (Member 4 preferred) showing your dates and character of service with your application as an attachment or fax to 561-297-3915 or scan and email to [email protected], prior to the closing date of the position. If faxing your DD214, please also send an email to [email protected] to notify us that the form was faxed, make sure the email includes your name and the REQ# of the job that was applied to.
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.