Part-Time Memorial Union Food Court Team Member
Duties & Responsibilities
- Team members work in the kitchen preparing food, at the front counter helping customers through the ordering process, and cleaning and washing dishes for all concepts Prepare and cook to order pizza, burgers, sandwiches and a variety of other foods that require preparation in a timely mannerTake orders from customers and serve customers at the counters or tables and ensure accuracy of orderProvides exceptional customer service to our customers.Maintain sanitation, health and safety standards in all work areas to promote a clean imageClean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensilsOperate large-volume cooking equipmentVerify food meets quality and quantity expectationsRead food order slips or receive verbal instructions and preparation and cooking of food accordinglyWash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cookingMeasure ingredients required for specific food items being preparedCook the exact number of items ordered by each customer, working on several different orders simultaneouslyUnderstands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards during food preparation, service and clean up.Checks products and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift. Perform a number of different tasks every day and other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Able to stand on one's feet for 3 -4 hours
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to work with the preparation and disposal of fish, poultry, beef, lamb, pork and other meat products in professional culinary commercial kitchen
- Must be able to adhere to all safety and sanitation policies which include removal of all jewelry and piercings except for a plain wedding band while working in our facilities
- Hairnets and beard restraints are also a requirement in our food preparation areas
- Incumbents should have an optimistic attitude, willingness to learn new skills, high degree of integrity, and a strong work ethic
- Successful completion of criminal history records check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.Work Location
- Memorial Union Food court
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification
- $10.65 to $11.40 per hour depending on experience
- Part time, non-benefitted, non-exempt
Work Schedule/Start Date
- Flexible work schedule
- Availability weekdays between 8am and 2pm
- 2021-2022 Academic school year. Starting after August 1, 2021
Please provide work availability with application. Many positions available.
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out Grand Forks is Cooler.
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
The University of North Dakota is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other protected characteristic. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status as part of the application process. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 or NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at UND.edu. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND, 58202.