IT Support Specialist
This position is located at the EERC, an international leader in energy and environmental research, conducting projects for clients throughout the United States and the world. The EERC offers opportunities to people with an exceptional work attitude, dedication to high professional standards, and commitment to personal development. We are looking for experienced, aggressive, scientifically trained, and market-oriented individuals to contribute to the success of the organization by performing one or more of the following functions:
- Act as dispatch for IT Service Request system (IT ticketing) to execute IT support and properly delegate IT tasks to other IT team members.
- Troubleshooting and installation of new and existing software.
- Troubleshooting and installation of new and existing hardware, including desktops, laptops, peripheral devices, and some server hardware.
- Create and maintain documentation relative to software and hardware troubleshooting, maintenance, and installation; must be able to independently research and resolve complex technical IT-related issues.
- Collaborate with IT team on implementing effective cybersecurity strategies to protect digital assets.
- Assist with coordination of scientific-based software; including procurement, tracking, installation, and versioning control of the software.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with scientific researchers to determine software needs for their research projects.
- Ensure all software versions are current and properly licensed.
- Effectively communicate the status of software licensing and versioning with the EERC research staff, Assistant Director of IT, and other IT staff as necessary.
- May require very limited travel.
At the Energy & Environmental Research Center (EERC), we know our people are our greatest asset. Our team of over 200 is sought after worldwide to solve energy and environmental challenges in innovative ways. Since 1951, we’ve worked with over 1,300 clients in 53 countries. We recognize that quality, market-driven science and engineering technologies come from engaged, motivated employees. We encourage lifelong learning through our Employee Development Program and offer many opportunities for both professional and personal growth. In addition to competitive salaries and an outstanding benefits package, the EERC provides opportunities for inventors of commercialized technologies to share in the profits. As part of the University of North Dakota, employees are eligible for tuition waivers and reduced tuition for family members. Apply with us for a position that can turn into a lifelong passion and a work environment that’s more like a family.
For more information regarding the EERC, visit www.undeerc.org.Required Competencies
- Organizational/prioritization ability.
- Excellent interpersonal/oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability and desire to learn and improve skills.
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to think critically and provide insight in making decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, or related. A lesser degree with solid IT service and support experience may be substituted.
- Experience in supporting an enterprise-scale network, including troubleshooting user hardware, software, and network problems.
- Experience with monitoring and dispatching IT service requests/tickets.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server, Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office 2016, and Office 365 apps.
- Experience with creating and maintaining documentation on troubleshooting, software installation, and IT procedures, and subsequent training end users on uses of software and conference room equipment.
- Experience in basic Windows Server administration, including patching, print serving implementation/management, and file services maintenance, especially with setting effective file share permissions.
- Successful completion of criminal history records check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This position does not support visa sponsorship for continued employment.Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in Microsoft Active Directory, especially in user and PC account creation and maintenance.
- Experience with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit for effectively deploying PC images.
- Experience with programming/app development as well as experience working with legacy database systems.
$50,000 Annual/Full-Time, Benefited, ExemptWork Schedule/Start Date
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with flexibility to accommodate work activities/work life balance. Travel may be required.Benefits
Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.To Apply
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 11:59PM on the closing date.Additional Information
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out Grand Forks is Cooler.
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.Confidentiality of Application Materials
Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.EEO Statement
The University of North Dakota is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other protected characteristic. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status as part of the application process. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.Veteran’s Preference
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 or NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.Clery Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at UND.edu. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND, 58202.