Assistant Director of Admissions and Hillel Program Coordinator
Assistant Director of Admissions and Hillel Program CoordinatorTracking Code635-280 Job Description
Reporting directly to the Director of Hillel, this is a shared position with dotted line reporting to the Office of Spiritual Life. The Assistant Director role is a sales-like admissions and prospect management approach to a designated recruitment territory in an environment where recruiters are responsible for reaching enrollment and net revenue goals assigned to them. Daily responsibilities include communication with a large number of prospective students through heavy phone outreach. Personal e-mails, notes, individual appointments, and group presentations are also expected. This position will involve the planning of prospective student recruitment activities, outreach and travel.
The Hillel Program Coordinator role will help shape Hillel as an energetic enterprise that functions as the center for Jewish student life on campus. The Assistant Director is responsible for ensuring the strategy and execution of engagement and program development, and helping the Office of spiritual life in creating meaningful and diverse opportunities for Jewish expression, cultivating student leaders, and consistently promoting a welcoming and lively pluralistic Jewish community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and contact uninvolved student populations and develop strategies for engaging them independently, and with existing student leaders
- Through heavy use of outgoing contacts via phone, email, IM, etc., cultivate, engage, qualify, persuade and close prospective students in the central Florida region, and with a specialization related to Jewish student networks. Identify and recruit participants for Stetson Hillel programs, both among the student body as well as prospective students
- Support student initiated programs; attend programs when appropriate (including evenings, weekends, and especially, Jewish holidays) and assist with off campus, on-campus and weekend recruitment events
- Organizes and implements outreach to Jewish students on campus to encourage participation in Hillel Programs
- Inspires Jewish students to reflect on their Jewish identity
- Works with students to plan social, recreational, and curricular programs as well as religious services and holiday observances for Hillel
- Add accessible Jewish content and depth to other programs on campus
- Demonstrate facility and comfort with Jewish traditions, holidays, culture, and basic texts. Communicate this knowledge to others.
- Ensure a pluralistic and welcoming atmosphere for all
- Ensure a visible Jewish presence on campus
- Performs other site and position specific functions as assigned
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experienceRequired Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Ability to multi-task and troubleshoot effectively
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with network management and social networking processes
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university required (education and/or experience).
- Experience in recruitment, student engagement, community outreach & organizing, mentorship and ideally in event planning & youth marketing.
- Some experience creating, planning, and staffing experiences in camp, youth-group, synagogue, high-school, undergraduate, or other community settings.
- A passion for Jewish identity to encourage and promote a pluralistic and inclusive approach to religious expression through programs, events, and Shabbat/holiday observances on campus
- Prior involvement in Hillel programming or Jewish community based organizations is preferred but not a requirement to be a considered a qualified candidate
Salary Grade: 5Job Location DeLand, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular