Job Resource Specialist
Job Resource SpecialistDepartment:
Job Resource CenterWork Location:
Under the supervision of the Director of the Job Resource Center, the Job Resource Specialist prepares and connects students, alumni, and community job seekers for the world of work, as well as assist employers in the recruitment and retention of their next great hire. The Job Resource Specialist is dedicated to the learning college concepts by developing programs and facilitating activities/events that promote student success, lifelong learning, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• The Job Resource Specialist facilitates appointments, presentations, and workshops through various platforms; provides career and job search assistance to a diverse student, alumni, community population; coordinates career events for employers, students, alumni and job seekers.
• Collaborates and builds partnerships with stakeholders; as well as providing concierge-style services to employers.
• Additionally, the Job Resource Specialist supervises student employees and coordinates the America Reads Program.
• Responsible for preparing reports and data analysis, along with other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Education, Human Resources, Business, Marketing or a related field. Master’s Degree Preferred. Experience: 1-3 years experience in job search, career services, career development or training.Qualifications:
• Understanding of career development, employability skills and ability to educate stakeholders
• Experience working with diverse populations and underrepresented groups.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage multiple demands and priorities.
• Service-oriented with high emotional intelligence, critical thinking skills, good judgement, and interpersonal abilities.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with ability to present information via in-person or virtual platforms.
• Strong analytical skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, and the ability to utilize CRM or Career Services Management technology.
• Ability to utilize virtual communication tools and social media platforms for professional purposes
Monday – Friday
8:00 am to 5:15 pm
(Some evenings or weekends may be required)
SalariedReview of Applications Begins:
06/08/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please apply online.