Educational Training Specialist, Strengthening Community Colleges Grant - External
Job Title: Educational Training Specialist, Strengthening Community Colleges Grant - External
Location: GRCC Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 1160
Org Marketing Statement
Date: June 8, 2021
Position Title: Educational Training Specialist, Strengthening Community Colleges Grant
Department: Training Solutions
Job ID: 1160
Work Hours/Schedule: 40 hours/52 weeks (Position begins 4/19/2021, Grant funded through 12/31/2024)
Compensation: Meet & Confer - Grade 11, $18.66 per hour
Reports to: Executive Director, Workforce Training & Tassell MTEC
Posting Close Date: June 22, 2021
* flexible work schedule when necessary, which may include evenings or weekends.
This position serves as a vital link for program participants to connect to education and training activities that will lead to sustainable employment focused in the manufacturing sector. This position will interact with community agencies and employers to ensure participants understand the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for their career choices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide educational information and opportunities to Strengthening Community Colleges training grant participants, healthcare, workforce training students and grant participants.
- Provide formal learning opportunities, which includes but is not limited to:
- The development of a customized adult learning plan for each participant
- A determination of participant’s career guidance and job readiness suitability for the type of training needed
- Conduct intake and assessments to determine participant’s referral to programs.
- Participate in information sessions and recruiting activities for the project
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred degree in counseling or social work, and or licensed as an LLP, LPC or MSW.
- National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) preferred.
- Experience in the manufacturing or workforce development sector
- Application of Listening, Reasoning, and Judgement and decision-making skills required
- Prefer National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) at a silver level or higher
- Prefer proven work experience as a career coach or advisor serving adults with diverse backgrounds and barriers
- The following competencies are essential and will be evaluated for our candidates through the evidence-based selection process:
- Information Skills
- Getting Information
- Interacting With Computers
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards
- Processing Information
- Documenting/Recording Information
- Communicating with Persons Outside Organization
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events
- Thinking Creatively
- Analyzing Data or Information
- Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others
- Proficiency with MS Office products and data systems
- Excellent listening and communication skills, both written and verbal. Must demonstrate a high level of customer service and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse student, staff and employer partner population
- Ability to work cooperatively and harmoniously with program and college staff, students, and community
- Demonstrated ability in working on a cross-functional team in a collaborative learning centered environment
- Self-motivated to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong reasoning skills and attention to detail
- Proven initiative and ability to follow through on multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Round 2 interview candidates will be required to take the ACT Workkeys Talent and ACT Workkeys Fit Assessment.
- Ability to lift 15lbs and stand for 30-45 minutes at a time.
- Ability to drive or travel to employer locations and local community partner locations is required. Valid driver’s license and the ability to provide transportation to meetings in the State of Michigan.
- Competence to organize work, handle multiple tasks, and meet timelines in a multi-project environment
- Continuously keeping up to date technically around programs, offerings, and activities (relevant or new) to meet grant outcomes
- Consistent and intentional work habits that establish and maintain interpersonal relationships
- High level of energy, enthusiasm and the ability to be innovative and think creatively
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position at https://www.grcc.edu/jobs. Submit a cover letter and resume in one document. The opportunity to apply for this position will close on June 22, 2021 at 11:59PM. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Visa sponsorship is not available.Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight, national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The college will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an investigation. Further information may be obtained from the EEO Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3295.