Team Coordinator for Alumni Engagement
COMMUNITY RELATIONS ASSOCIATECampus Title:
Team Coordinator for Alumni EngagementSchool/Division:
Institutional Advancement, Division ofDepartment:
Alumni Engagement OfficeStaff Sub-Type:
Staff & AdministrationSalary Level:
low to mid $40,000Position Effort:
Full-time team coordinator for the Alumni Engagement Department. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will assist with budget management, alumni awards and employee and Board of Director programs and processes. The position provides marketing materials for alumni engagement programs.Major Responsibilities:
- Manage Alumni Association budget process inclusive of coding, deposits, refunds, money market account, salaries, Parks Alumni House transactions and Alumni Association committee budgets in collaboration with the Assistant Director of Advancement Financial Services. Ensure staff is compliant with budget and PCI processes. Provide budget updates monthly to executive director and board; work with Assistant Director of Financial Services to provide bimonthly reports and balance statements. Manage fraud reduction processes. Manage annual audit and present report to executive director and board. Work with multiple campus constituents to provide revenue stream reports and projections.
- Responsible for all alumni awards. Manage Alumni Association alumni awards from recruitment to presentation ceremony. Ensure rubric and marketing is created in advance of recruitment. Focus marketing to increase overall applications with a focus on historically underrepresented groups and obtain unbiased selection training for board committee members. Create and implement inductee ceremony and experience. Liaison with campus departments to recruit alumni keynotes and provide alumni awardee experiences. Execute the honorary degree dinner and half century commencement experience annually. Provide C-Club Hall of Fame inductee experience annually.
Programs and Processes
- Manage Alumni Engagement employee experience, inclusive of Parks Alumni House team. Responsibilities include onboarding, training, event software management and event and office material acquisition. Ensure all employees are trained on student and alumni confidentiality standards. Manage all employee operational needs. Supervise one to four work study students.
- Manage Alumni Association Board of Director processes and meetings. Provide training on board software. Organize board meeting weekends inclusive of board events and meetings, lodging and remote attendance experience. Manage board committee meetings for eight committees and additional ad-hoc committees. Track board expectation completion for board compliance committee.
Departmental Duties and General Operations Support
- Assist with the marketing, creation and execution of alumni events and initiatives.
- Create written and web material to market events and student and alumni engagement initiatives.
- Manage alumni and departmental requests including newsletters, surveys and event marketing. Includes management of social media messaging inboxes. Manage and solve elevated alumni concerns/complaints.
- Provide quarterly event assistance or lodging at the Parks Alumni House. Serve as a backup to the Lodging and Events Coordinator at the Parks Alumni House and Alumni Engagement secretary when needed.
As the team coordinator you will demonstrate your commitment to treat others at all levels of the organization with fairness and respect; understanding and appreciation of diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; desire and ability to promote an environment of inclusive excellence; and lead with customer-centric focus on providing exceptional quality and service; and, use your passion or creativity, for excellence and continuous improvement.Functional and Supervisory Relationships:
- Reports to the executive director of Alumni Engagement
- Supervises student employees
- Works closely with staff from Alumni Engagement, Advancement Financial Services and the Parks Alumni House.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1 year of related experience.
- Willingness and ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- 2 or more years of related experience.
- Budgeting and/or financial experience.
- Demonstrated familiarity with iModules and/or budget software.
- Event planning and/or other event industry experience.
- Not-for-Profit, education, or similarly complex organization experience.
- Event and/or program marketing experience.
The State University of New York College at Cortland is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act (AA/EEO/ADA) employer. The University actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the University.Posting Number:
S20066Review Start Date:
05/11/2021Open Until Filled:
YesQuick Link for Direct Access to Posting: