Administrative Assistant, Athletics (TempForce)
Title:Administrative Assistant, Athletics (TempForce) Position Type:TempForce Position Classification:Non-Exempt Home Department:Vice President for Student Affairs Pay Grade:N/A Open until filled:Yes Overview:
Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
Compensation: Hourly Rate of $16.46 as per the Santa Fe College Salary Schedule. Limited to no more than 40 hours per week.Description:
Santa Fe College Department of Athletics is seeking a motivated team-player to fill an Administrative Assistant (TempForce position) to provide assistance to the department director, staff and students. The Administrative Assistant coordinates and supports all office functions for the department and works closely with a team of professionals and coaches to ensure program delivery and success. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the coordination and support of the general day to day administrative, and clerical and operational tasks related to the department. The schedule for this position is typically 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday-Friday, however, the Administrative Assistant must be able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate department’s needs.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Present a professional, helpful atmosphere and positive attitude for staff, athletes, students, visitors, and callers.
- Provide customer service by greeting students and visitors, answering incoming calls, and directing as needed and/or providing appropriate information and successful resolution of routine administrative issues relative to the office.
- Provide administrative support to Director of Athletics, including the maintenance and tracking of office records, expenditures, budgets and calendars, collection and compilation of data, preparation of correspondence and other materials, operation of standard office equipment (copier/fax machine/scanner), supply ordering and inventory, as well as the processing of requisitions, invoices and other requests.
- Track program expenditures and maintain budgets using Excel and E-Staff.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of college procedures and regulations as they pertain to daily operations.
- Maintain student records, update participant files and information yearly.
- Coordinate travel and all travel related arrangements (accommodations, conference registrations, etc.) for staff and participating students.
- Accurately prepare and certify online payroll for hourly and salaried employees including the collection, processing and auditing of leave forms (full-time), educational aide and work study timesheets, as well as appropriate appointment pay forms.
- Responsible for the inventory of all program assets (i.e.: computers, printers, software, test materials, etc.).
- Provide support for all program elements such staff meetings, including submitting work orders, obtaining hospitality items and setting up as needed.
- Exhibit sensitivity toward students and staff while honoring the confidentiality and privacy of student records, as well as sensitive information.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Reports to: Director, AthleticsQualifications:
Required: An Associate’s degree and four (4) years of related work experience or a combination of completed education and/or work experience equal to six years is required.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
- Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, organize, and follow up on tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Multi-task - Ability to expeditiously organize, coordinate, manage, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously to swiftly assess a situation, determine a logical course of action, and apply the appropriate response
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
Application Process: All applicants must submit a completed online Pre-Screening Information Sheet and submit a cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts to be considered for this position. Unofficial transcripts will only be accepted for review purposes. Candidates should be aware that official transcripts will be required prior to any offer of employment being made. Official transcripts for purposes of employment are defined as those sent directly from the awarding institution to an agent of Santa Fe.
All submitted materials will be routed to and reviewed by the following job contact: