Fitness and Wellness Coordinator - Division of Student Affairs, 76802
Location: UMKC Volker Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 37020
Division of Student Affairs - Campus RecreationJob Description
- Coordinate semester fitness schedules with approximately 20 classes per week
- Utilize Fusion software to manage online scheduling of fitness classes
- Plan and implement specialty fitness and wellness programs such as goat yoga, lunch and learns, etc.
- Coordinate personal training program and Bod Pod assessments
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, and evaluate fitness instructors
- Maintain and approve bi-weekly payroll for all instructors
- Conduct regular staff trainings
- Create and implement a group fitness instructor prep course
- Oversee daily operations of the Swinney Center Fitness Center
- Develop and implement policies and procedures as part of risk management
- Purchase inventory equipment for fitness classes and fitness spaces
- Plan for and assist Director in purchasing of large equipment purchases for the Fitness Center
- Assist marketing team in promoting all fitness and wellness programs
- Work collaboratively with other campus departments to support institutional goals through engagement with Campus Recreation programming
- Serve on departmental, divisional, and institutional committees and work groups as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Physical Education, Recreation, Exercise Physiology, Health Education, or Higher Education Administration
- Experience in diversity and inclusion training and education
- Experience in leading a team
- Experience in teaching group fitness classes
- Work experience in fitness and wellness within a Campus Recreation department
- Team oriented and highly motivated to complete multiple tasks
Full time, benefit-eligbleSalary
$19.23 - $22.00/hourShift
Work schedule will primarily be Monday-Friday; 8am – 5pm. May include some nights and weekend work requirements.Application Deadline
June 27, 2021Application Instructions
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of five references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment.
Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
If you are experiencing technical problems, please call (800) 488-5288.Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
UMKC values diversity as central to its mission as an urban-serving research university and as a driver of excellence in teaching and learning. UMKC embraces a broad spectrum of diversities, including race, ethnicity, culture, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, linguistic ability, learning style, religion, socioeconomic and veteran status, life experiences, educational level and family structure. For more information on our diversity mission, visit the Office of Diversity and Inclusion website: http://info.umkc.edu/diversity/
UMKC is the largest comprehensive, fully accredited university in the Kansas City area. Our students come from all 50 states and over 85 countries, enriching our community with diverse perspectives. With more than 125 academic areas, our students have a lot of opportunities to explore on their way to discovering and creating their perfect career. We are at the heart of a thriving urban area where the city’s life and energy influence everything that happens here. We are Kansas City’s university and we can’t wait for you to join us! Find out more about UMKC in the About UMKC section of our website.
Details about UMKC’s community and the benefits of being an employee can be found on our careers page.