Marketing Coordinator #494888
Marketing Coordinator #494888FTE:
Dean of BusinessJob Summary/Basic Function:
Lead marketing efforts for undergraduate and graduate programs within the College of Business (COB) as well as coordinate outreach, development and recruitment initiatives. Would report to the COB dean and the associate director of marketing liaisons for Lamar University.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create COB branding and messaging position statement through targeted research while in compliance with university overarching strategies.
• Brand programs according to university policy throughout the COB.
• Coordinate social media platforms presenting a cohesive presence for the university and COB.
• Perform the role of college web liaison by updating and maintaining COB web site, providing training and support in the content management system for other users in the college and publishing the dean’s blog.
• Communicate effectively with the college’s subject matter experts to develop content that speaks to appropriate audiences.
• Ensure compliance with AACSB requirement on publication of school performance, including student achievement, enrollment and graduation rates.
• Together with the university’s marketing division, develop templates and procedures to promote COB programs and departments.
• Liaise with key external stakeholders of the COB and establish relationships with local and regional organizations that represent feasible potential employers of our graduates.
• Together with MBA director, coordinate marketing efforts for traditional and online MBA program (identify critical marketing populations and initiatives).
• Work with other entities around campus, including marketing communications, recruitment, development and other college marketing coordinators to coordinate joint activities.
• Seek out recruitment opportunities with the directors and chairs of COB programs and departments.
• Work with the Office of Alumni Affairs to communicate on a regular basis to alumni and promote MBA products to graduates of the university.
• Coordinate and manage orientation programs for those students accepted into the COB
• Coordinate COB Commencement activities.
• All work must be performed in a manner consistent with the COB mission and its goals and objectives.
• All work will be performed in accordance with Lamar University Policy.
Bachelor’s degree; preferably in marketing, public relations or communication.
3-5 years of related job experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize.
• Experience writing content for various platforms.
• Be a proven self-starter with capacity to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a multi-talented team of designers, developers, content producers and strategists.
• Ability to think creatively and outside of the box.
• Be a team player by providing quality service to all levels of personnel through a collaborative approach to work with a positive attitude.
• Excellent Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite skills.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference Statement:
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Preferred Qualifications:
• Master’s degree.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Salary:
06/21/2021Open Until Filled: