Senior Administrative Assistant
Senior Administrative Assistant
Job ID: 228558
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelors, masters and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
0130101 Parker Business College - Dean's Office
The Senior Administrative Assistant provides diversified and advanced administrative assistance for an administrator responsible for a functional unit within institution. Serve as a first point of contact and perform a wide range of complex operational duties. Act as connector for communication with both internal University and external constituents. Serve as liaison between operating units and departments to resolve day-to-day operational challenges.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Assist department managers in procuring goods and services by creating and submitting electronic requisitions in eProcurement
- Respond to inquiries and concerns from callers and visitors and resolve routine and complex matters
- Process travel request, registration and logistical arrangements
- Serve as primary point of contact for department head or supervisor
- Create correspondence and generate reports
- Maintain appointment schedules and public relations activities
- Prepare detailed briefing materials and background information for meetings, reports, inquiries, agendas, and presentations
- Coordinate building maintenance by submitting work orders and MyHelp tickets as needed
- Make arrangements for quiet study spaces for students
- Schedule meetings, training sessions, and other events by using internal systems
- Monitor office supplies and publications to ensure an adequate quantity of materials are available
- Assist in development, evaluation and implementation of office procedures
- Assist with procurement of items for department
- Assist with planning and implementation of events
- Provide information on departmental functions, events, policies, procedures to individuals and groups
- Maintain detailed record keeping for purchasing activity
- Assist the budget manager with reviewing documents
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One or more years of post-secondary education
- Three or more years of related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Proficient with Adobe Acrobat
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Administrative support experience in an academic setting
$16.01 - $16.52
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and secure sensitive information
- Ability to make independent judgment and communicate decisions
- Ability to work well independently as well as on a team
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Use effective communication and human relations skills
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
Apply Before Date
June 22, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in an office environment
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=228558&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency