Assistant Director for Academic Advising
Assistant Director for Academic Advising
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Provost & Academic Vice President
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
- The Assistant Director of Academic Advising is responsible for successfully implementing, managing, and assessing first-year advising on Texas A&M - Corpus Christi's campus. The Assistant Director position serves as a supervisor, central resource, and contact for approximately eight academic advisors. In coordination with Academic Advising leadership, the Assistant Director ensures all first-year advisors are trained and equipped to provide undergraduate students with the highest quality advisement possible. This position possesses up-to-date information on Texas A&M - Corpus Christi's academic colleges, works closely with orientation staff, facilitates pathways towards degree completion in coordination with colleges, and recommends standardized advisement practices.
Functional Area 1: Operations
Percent Effort: 55%
- Manage activities related to the first-year academic advising program, including determining advisor/advisee caseloads, ratios, and student assignments.
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of the first-year advising program. Provides guidance and direction to staff involved in department services and programs.
- Participates in the strategic planning for assigned areas and assists the Director in developing and implementing the overall departmental strategic plan.
Functional Area 2: Program Management
Percent Effort: 35%
- Serve as a Lead Advisor and advises students as needed. Cross-train in multiple majors and disciplines and assumes a caseload as needed. Meet with prospective students and parents and provides general University information.
- Model the core values for the National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) Academic Advisor.
- Generate reports on student trends, risk-indicators, usage data, etc. utilizing technology, including Starfish software. Communicate and discuss findings with constituents.
Functional Area 3: Supervisory Management
Percent Effort: 10%
- Hire and supervises up to First- Year/Undergraduate Advisors. Develops and implements onboard training, cross-training, professional development opportunities, and continuous feedback to advisors through the evaluation process.
- Evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of advisement delivered by first-year/undergraduate advisors to students. Conduct data analysis projects; implement assessment initiatives designed to enrich advising and case management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Academic Advising and Student Success or other appropriate administrators.
- Master's degree in Student Personnel, Higher Education Administration, or related field.
- Six (6) years of related experience in student services program.
- Additional experience may be considered as a substitution for the minimum requirements.
- Bachelor's degree and eight years of relevant experience.
- Strong critical thinking, memorization, attention to detail, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently while developing strong collaborative relationships.
- Ability to exercise excellent professional judgment and discretion, making decisions regularly that impact student welfare and the institution.
- Experience with student success technology platforms.
- Experience working with first-year and transfer students.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Assistant-Director-for-Academic-Advising_R-038703-1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency