Financial Aid Outreach Support Specialist
Financial Aid Outreach Support Specialist
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Job Number: 21000021
Under general supervision, to share information with students concerning financial aid programs and application requirements, deadlines, transfer programs, eligibility requirements for both state and federal aid, registration, and testing procedures; to respond to student questions regarding the various student services programs, majors, general education requirements, and graduation requirements; to conduct extensive financial aid outreach services to potential students and families. DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS
This is an advanced journey level class in the Financial Aid Specialist series. Positions at this level are distinguished from the Financial Aid Specialist classification by the performance of outreach financial aid activities. SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from an assigned Financial Aid administrator.
- Advise, counsel and share information with prospective students and families concerning financial aid programs, eligibility, satisfactory academic progress guidelines, veterans benefits, federal and state financial aid regulations, registration and testing procedures; refer students to various campus services and offices for specialized assistance as appropriate.
- Determine student eligibility for financial aid, compile and analyze student financial aid data in preparation of awarding; research prior awards; review federal tax forms and verify income; make any necessary adjustments to ensure compliance with Federal regulations; notify students of awards; enter information into the computer system; create and maintain records.
- Provide financial aid outreach services to area high schools, and community organizations; share information through group presentations to student and parents in the community.
- Utilize a variety of automated financial aid computer applications to update or modify student financial aid reports and applications.
- Develop and maintain a variety of electronic databases to track automated records for reports and presentations.
- Develop and deliver presentations designed for specific purposes and audiences; coordinate marketing materials including flyers and brochures; manage social media site.
- Conduct financial aid presentations and workshops using knowledge of financial aid, student loan policies, and institutional policies to inform students and parents of program requirements and appropriate deadlines.
- Maintain a variety of files and records including financial aid and scholarship information, student transfer information, and current departmental changes; inform students of changes as needed.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; stay abreast of changes in financial aid and institutional policies and procedures.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Eligibility criteria for Federal and State financial aid
- Financial aid application timelines and completion
- Principles and procedures of financial aid awarding and packaging
- Principles and procedures of student assessment and interviewing
- College and vocational education entrance requirements
- College information, services, policies and procedures
- Standard office procedures and equipment;computer proficiency and technical aptitude utilizing MS Word, Excel, internet, etc.
- Principles and practices of manual and electronic filing and record keeping
- Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations
- Community agencies and community-based resources
- Conduct workshops and presentations to a wide variety of audiences
- Interpret and explain complex financial aid policies and procedures.
- Conduct student interviews, recognize student needs, and make appropriate referrals
- Provide information to students on the availability of programs and services
- Respond to requests and inquiries from students, faculty, staff, and the public
- Prepare a variety of information and materials
- Work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends; travel required
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Sensitivity to and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, linguistic, ethnic backgrounds, and disabilities of community college students and staff.
- Sit and stand for prolonged periods of time; extensive use of computer keyboard.
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by college level course work in finance, business administration or a related field. Associate's degree preferred. Experience: At least three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in the administration of financial aid or related educational programs required. Prior experience with outreach and/or public speaking required. Language:
Fluency in both English and Spanish languages is highly desirable.
License or Certificate:
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid driver's license. Additional Information
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 4,478
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 5,505
- External Closing Date: Jun 30, 2021
- External Opening Date: Jun 8, 2021
Location: Stockton, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency