Assistant Director, MSF, Student Services McDonough School of Business Georgetown University
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.RequirementsAssistant Director, MSF, Student Services - McDonough School of Business - Georgetown University
At Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business,
our mission is to build global business knowledge and inspire ethical leaders to serve the common good.
Join the innovative and collaborative administration team for Georgetown McDonough's Master of Science in Finance Program (MSF)
, a blended online/on-campus program where students have the to attend the weekly MSFLive sessions onsite on weekday afternoons and evenings. We are in search of a detail oriented, student-focused Assistant Director
to work closely with the Senior Associate Director on managing the student experience, event planning and management, developing student communications and schedule coordination.
Reporting to the Senior Associate Director of the Master of Science in Finance (MSF) program, the Assistant Director
has duties that include but are not limited to:Logistical Operations Management
Student Management and Student and Faculty Communications
- Assist in planning and managing program events, including orientation, residencies and commencement.
- Assist with the MSF Senior Associate Dean's schedule, expense reports, and other related logistical issues.
- Assist, as necessary, with student registration process.
- Secure classroom and event facilities.
- Assist the Senior Associate Director in management of student group activities.
- Perform excellent customer relations and communications on behalf of program in day-to-day interactions with faculty, other staff, students, clients, and vendors.
- Assist, as necessary, in state-by-state approval process for the MSF and related programs.
- Assist the team with budget and financial management of specific programs events.
- Attend regular meetings with senior associate director and other team members to provide updates and other appropriate information.
- Serve as producer of the weekly MSFLive - assuring little to no technical interruptions, assisting students in troubleshooting any technical issues, and preparing and closing the room used for MSFLive sessions.
- Manage day-to-day and mass program email communications with students.
- Engage the students by responding to inquires in a timely manner - specifically: within 24 hours to the extent possible but no more than 48 hours.
- Participate in regular planning and operations review meetings with faculty and staff.
- Provide technical advice, problem-solving assistance, answers to questions regarding program goals, and policy interpretation.
- Monitor and report on quality of programs and student engagement; and suggest and assist in developing quality MSF improvements with the Senior Associate Director and other MSF staff.
- Bachelor's degree
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and networking skills
- Creativity in providing value-add solutions within the parameters of the budget
- Critical ability to multi-task, prioritize and execute
- Critical eye for detail
- Team-orientation attitude
- Ability to build relationships with students, peers and key MSB stakeholders
- Confidence to take initiative, ask questions and make recommendations with the end goal of process improvement and student satisfaction
- Genuine desire to understand and engage with international cultures
- Availability and willingness to travel domestically and/or internationally as needed and to work at least one weekday evening per week and occasional weekends
Current Georgetown Employees:
- 1+ years of business experience in program or event management and high level student/faculty interaction
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple concurrent projects
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu
or view the online interactive benefits guide
for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Assistant-Director--MSF--Student-Services---McDonough-School-of-Business---Georgetown-University_JR10343
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency