Sports Medicine Research Associate
Sports Medicine Research Associate
Job Number: 89878
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletics program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 128 NCAA championship titles, won the Women's Capital One Cup four of the last five years, and have brought home the Learfield Director's Cup for 25 straight years. We also support the university's physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the DAPER culture, “The DAPER Way,” which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
The Department of Athletics is seeking a Sports Medicine Research Associate. Reporting to the Director, Athletic Training, you will be working cohesively and collaboratively with Pac-12 athletic conference representatives, Stanford athletic trainers, physical therapists, researchers, and world-renowned physicians to coordinate multiple research projects that seek to enhance the health and safety of student-athletes. You must be an effective communicator, passionate about wellness and scholar-athleticism, skilled in data management. While managing Stanford's participation in multiple research programs, you will also build relationships and effectively impact staff as a collaborator.
You have the opportunity to influence student-athletes to lead successful and fulfilling lives.
This is a one-year fixed-term position, with the possibility of being renewed on an annual basis, based on performance and funding availability.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Pac-12 Care Affiliated Project (CAP) Data Coordinator
- Manage Stanford's participation a research program utilizing eye tracking technology to aid head injury diagnosis.
- Identify and assure full training of Stanford personnel on the EYE-SYNC platform.
- Assure consistent, clean, and uniform data collection using the EYE-SYNC platform.
- Maintain the EYE-SYNC units in good condition.
- Provide regular updates to the Pac-12 Brain Trauma Task Force.
- Manage study regulatory requirements throughout the year and maintain annual IRB submission and renewal
- Pac-12 Health Analytics Program (HAP) Campus Administrator
- Manage Stanford's participation in a research database program documenting trends in sports injuries.
- Provide quality control of patient data, ensuring proper field completion of sports injury documentation.
- Work closely with HAP Program Manager to manage the HAP database, system queries, and communication
- Implement and troubleshoot study design and data collection protocols.
- Establish working relationships with Stanford staff and other campus administrators to maintain quality control procedures.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Assist with other research projects sponsored by the PAC 12 conference.
- Assist with additional research projects taking place within Stanford Sports Medicine.
- Assist athletic trainers and coaches in analyzing injury trends present in their teams and athletes
- Serve as administrator for Stanford Sports Medicine's electronic medical record and scheduling platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Two-year college degree and one year of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- One (1) to three (3) years of research and/or administrative experience, preferred
- Working knowledge of college athletics and an interest in medicine and/or medical research.
- Excellent organizational and office management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced atmosphere, while maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and web-based sharing systems such as Google Drive and Box
- Interactive experience in web applications, and relational databases is highly desired.
- Experience in IRB submission and research protocol development is highly desired.
- Statistical and data analysis skills are desired, but not required
- Ability to initiate, follow-up and conclude a task with minimal supervision.
- Ability to set independently priorities, coordinate with multiple team members, work in a fast-paced environment, and exercise sound judgement in setting priorities.
- Availability to work flex schedule during peak periods.
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford's intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for ensuring that his/her/their involvement with Athletics Department activities maintains the integrity of the University's reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations.
Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
* The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
*Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Athletics, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency