Joint Service Transcript Evaluator
Joint Service Transcript Evaluator
Job ID: 228352
Location: Georgia Southern - Savannah
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
0716103 Military - Veteran Student Success
The Joint Service Transcript Evaluator position, as part of the Center of Excellence for Student Veterans Success will serve as a member of the Military and Veteran Services (MVS) team to assist with the review of Joint Service Transcripts, educating university departments on the American Council of Educators (ACE) recommendations for courses that are equivalent to military experience and training. This position will work closely with the Office of Admissions in recruiting, admitting, and yielding student veterans and will be physically located in Lewis Hall with Admissions processing staff. Additionally, the Evaluator will assist in meeting the following goals of the CEVSS Grant:
1. Eliminate institutional barriers and improve coordination and collaboration across the University to support Veteran Student Success
2. Increase Veteran Student Enrollment, establish persistence baseline, increase persistence, and increase Veteran Students graduation rate
This is a grant funded position. Funding for this position is anticipated through 12/31/2023. Continued employment is subject to availability of grant funds
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Accurately and efficiently evaluate Joint Service Transcripts
- Establish a database for Joint Service Transcripts credits to be cataloged by College at the University
- Modify Veteran Students Codes in Banner and other Institution systems as required
- Educate departments on the ACE Military Recommendations as required
- Attend monthly Veteran Student Task Force (VSTF) meetings to identify best practices to serve our Veteran Students
- Serve as a backup School Certifying Official
- Assist with completion of the Annual CEVSS report
- 15 hours per week
- Flexible with schedule of availability
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One or more years of related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Prior Military Service or Military Connected such as spouse or child
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Associate degree
- Experience with VA Educational Programs
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application
- Schedule of Availability
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Use effective communication and human relations skills
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
Apply Before Date
June 18, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in office environment
- Travel required
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=228352&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency