Human Resources Representative
Human Resources Representative
Under general supervision, the Human Resource Representative will assist the Human Resource Manager with complex and specialized administrative tasks including: timely and accurate processing of electronic personnel action forms (EPAF) in Banner in compliance with established procedures. Provides training and guidance to assigned university wide divisions on EPAF origination and applicant recruitment and processing for staff, students and faculty employees. Assists assigned university wide divisions with PeopleAdmin recruitment and hiring proposal processing for staff and faculty. In addition, will support with employee inquiries regarding general employee related questions at Pacific and will review records for compliance and reporting. The essential functions listed below describe the general nature and level of work but are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
1. Performs a variety of day-to-day employment data management functions ensuring timeliness and accuracy of data in accordance and in compliance with established procedures.
• Maintains and updates employment data in the HRIS database for assigned employee groups and divisions.
• Performs daily and periodical data audits to ensure data integrity.
• Researches data discrepancies and performs applicable clean-ups, group data updates in the HR databases.
• Creates documentation guides, job aids, checklists for resource material for better data management process.
• Participates in testing database upgrades, employment data management workflow and processes.
• Prepares ad-hoc reports as needed or requested.
2. Trains and assists assigned university wide divisions including those departments, units, and supervisors in EPAF origination and processing.
3. Supports the hiring and on-boarding process of new employees ensuring compliance of established procedures.
• Will be a direct point of contact for division contact and new hires from job posting to final onboarding.
• Reviews and processes new hire documents for completeness and accuracy in a timely manner.
• Sends out new employee communication and facilitates the completion of new hire documents with employee and supervisor as needed.
• Performs E-verify and documents response within three (3) days of hire.
• Performs Background and I-9 request to ensure compliance with university policy and federal regulation.
4. Processes EPAFs in a timely manner to ensure compliance to University, state and federal regulations.
5. Supports and collaborates with assigned university wide division supervisors and search committees to recruit and hire staff and faculty in PeopleAdmin.
• Reviews faculty appointment and staff offer letters for accuracy.
• Assist stakeholders with general position description questions.
• Assist hiring managers with PeopleAdmin to post and recruit for open positions.
• Processes hiring proposals in PeopleAdmin for staff and faculty.
6. Provides a wide range of operational support to department in areas listed below.
• Develops, facilitates and/or delivers training and presentation to departments or supervisors on employment processes and employment records submission.
• Assist Human Resources Manager with termination processing and update relevant termination databases.
• Participates on various campus committees serving as a liaison between Human Resources and community.
• Develops and recommends new procedures for streamlining record keeping or employment processes.
7. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
This position serves as Campus Security Authority (CSA) as outlined by the Clery Act. CSAs have federally mandated responsibilities to report crimes that are reported them.
• Associates degree in related field.
• One (1) year of experience in Human Resources or related field.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• Two (2) or more years’ experience in Human Resources or related field.
• HR professional certification.
• HRIS and/or Banner database experience.
• Working knowledge of MS Office suite and database systems.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
• Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters.
• Completing detailed work with accuracy and efficiency.
• Experience interpreting and apply complex policies, procedures and regulations.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Familiarity with managing multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
• Working knowledge of human resources procedures and functions and applicable employment federal and state laws and regulations.
• Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties require constant sitting and repetitive motion of hands and wrists. Constant communication using both spoken and written means. Frequent walking, standing and simple grasping. Occasional climbing stairs, walking across campus, stooping and reaching. May be required to lift up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work performed in a typical office environment with the use of computer, phone and office equipment. Duties performed during standard business hours, additional time may be required to meet business needs or deadlines. Occasional travel to distance campuses and required meetings and/or trainings.
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/19189
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency