Building Operations Technician
Building Operations Technician
Under the general supervision of the Director, Building Operations, performs duties related to general building maintenance, student support and maintenance of all dental and laboratory equipment at the San Francisco Campus and Union City Dental Clinic.
EMPHASIS: Lighting, Student Support and General Facility Maintenance
• Perform a daily visual inspection of general lighting systems and fixtures; maintain records of all lighting inspections, preventative maintenance and repairs; provide report to Director or Manager as requested.
• Perform maintenance, repair or replacement of lamps/bulbs, ballasts and diffusers within common areas, offices, teaching spaces, laboratories and clinics/dental operatories; perform maintenance or repair to specialized lighting fixtures as needed.
• Utilize system management tools (Lutron and/or Watt Stopper) to maintain, operate and test lights and lighting systems.
• Test and maintain emergency exit signage and emergency lighting systems according to inspection schedule.
• Order and obtain necessary parts and materials required for the efficient operation and maintenance of lights, lighting and related systems according to established policies and procedures
• Perform general building support and facility maintenance to include general work requests and coordination of repairs with university departments and/or vendors.
• Assist in dental equipment repairs at the School of Dentistry and Union City Dental Clinic to include clinic units, chairs, lights, dental operatory furniture and fixtures.
• Provide coverage for other staff members as directed.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director or Manager, Building Operations or designee.
• Lighting systems and fixtures.
• General facility maintenance and repairs.
• General fire, life, emergency and safety equipment and procedures.
• Basic computer skills to include email and internet use.
• Perform routine lighting replacements, repairs and installation.
• Use tools associated with general building and dental equipment repairs.
• Keep accurate records and maintain inventory of replacement parts needed for all equipment.
• Project a professional image, demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and communicate in a collegial and professional manner with administrators, faculty, staff, students and public.
• Utilize building management system and email to communicate and manage work.
• Minimum two years of experience in building maintenance and repairs.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Valid California Class C driver license.
• Position requires incumbent to drive on university business. Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University’s insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
• Position is full-time, eight (8) hours per day, five (5) days per week.
• Occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens may reasonably be anticipated; personal protective equipment will be provided to reduce or eliminate exposure to routine or limited infectious agents.
• Position requires extensive use of personal protective equipment such as eyewear, hearing protection, gloves, etc.
• Incumbent must be able to work varying shifts to include evenings and weekends or in the event of an emergency.
• Knowledge of basic Microsoft Word, Excel, and building management systems, work order software desirable.
• Dental equipment repair helpful.
• Work independently and prioritize assignments to complete projects in a timely manner.
• Accurately follow verbal and written instructions, maintain accurate records and provide clearly written and understandable reports.
• Take initiative in time management, organize assignments and set priorities to meet multiple deadlines
• Work productively under pressure with minimal supervision; contribute and collaborate positively within a team environment.
• Work effectively with multiple interruptions.
• Demonstrate excellent attention to detail, problem solving, judgment, customer service and follow-through skills.
• Problem solve using critical thinking and deductive reasoning.
• Prior experience commercial lighting systems and mechanical equipment highly desirable.
• Experience in an academic or professional environment desirable.
• Trade, technical or vocational training is highly desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Position requires standing, walking, lifting, bending, stooping, climbing and reaching during majority of working hours.
• Frequently required to perform simple manipulative tasks such as using hand tools and operating maintenance machinery.
• Use of ladders of various height and types can be expected.
• Position requires lifting objects of up to 60 pounds.
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/19128
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency