Human Resources Specialist (PSS3, AS), Office of Human Resources
Job no: 495326
Work type: Regular Full-Time, Temporary Full-Time
Location: Glassboro, New Jersey
HR Specialist/Professional Services Specialist 3, Administrative Services Summary:
Seeking an HR professional with generalist experience. The HR Specialist will be the first point of contact responsible for intake and immediate triage for human resource advisement and consultation. The successful candidate should be knowledgeable in areas of talent management, organizational development, and talent acquisition. This position will be responsible for facilitating the Employee Wellness Program and the Employee Engagement Initiatives. The HR Specialist will initiate, develop and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships to support the needs of the Assistant and Associate Vice President.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Office of Employee Equity with intake and initial investigation of complaints
- Assist managers in supervision and coaching of employees
- Works with the leadership team to revise and implementing HR policies and procedures
- Helps to ensure that HR programs and services are in compliance with established policies and procedures and state/federal laws and regulations
- Preparing and maintaining reports related to specific HR projects
- Assists with internal communication projects
- Assisting with the development and coordination of recommended changes regarding workflow
- Presenting training sessions related to specific HR programs
- Self-confidence: Must feel comfortable engaging and consulting with both employees and management.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge: Must have the experience necessary to understand what solutions have worked in the past and about how to improve upon past mistakes.
- Ability to explain ideas and concepts in a simplified manner: The HR Specialist needs to understand complex ideas in HR, but they must be able to simplify and explain problems and solutions in terms everyone can understand.
- Ability to improvise: Because organizations are always evolving and changing, HR Specialist must be able to foresee and implement multiple solutions.
- Excellent listening skills: Before solutions can be discovered, problems need to be fully understood. Must carefully listen to the needs of clients to implement solutions that address their specific needs.
- Trustworthy: Must be able to develop a strong relationship with clients and to do so they must display integrity as to build trust.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources or related field.
- At least three years of professional-level Human Resources experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Range P21 ($54,684-$62,262)
- This announcement will be used to fill two positions: one regular, full-time position and one temporary, full-time position. Applicants will be required to indicate position preferences as part of the application process.
- Only completed online applications submitted on or before the deadline will be considered.
Advertised: Jun 7 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 21 2021 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time