Assistant Director of Admissions
Job no: 492530
Work type: Full-time
Location: St. Louis, MO
Categories: Administrative & Support, Customer Service, Enrollment, Student Life, Student Success
Posting DetailsJob Summary/Basic Function
The Assistant Director of Admissions at Maryville University participates as a member of the recruitment staff in recruiting undergraduate on-campus students in accordance with the University’s mission and vision. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff and students. This position reports to the Associate Vice President for Enrollment and will perform the following duties:
• Determine and fulfill territory management responsibilities for an assigned territory in a manner which maximizes enrollment.
• Design, implement and evaluate project management responsibilities in support of successful recruitment/marketing plan.
• Counsel and advise students and parents regarding admission, scholarships and financial aid, academic programs, student life, housing and other enrollment-related topics.
• Establish and maintain an informational, active communication system with prospective on-campus undergraduate students, parents and high school and/or community college counselors which enhances the successful attainment of enrollment goals.
• Participate as an active member of the admission team in making appropriate contributions to the development and implementation of recruitment strategies.
• Read, interpret and evaluate students’ academic credentials to make accurate admission decisions.
• Use Salesforce CRM and mobile devices to manage, track, analyze and communicate with prospective students.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability to travel/drive and work varied hours, including evenings and weekends.
• Strong interpersonal/human relations and customer service skills.
• Ability to work with a culturally diverse population of faculty, staff and students.
• Ability to demonstrate self-direction and motivation.
• Written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills.
• Ability to work independently and as a team player.
• Basic research and technical skills, planning and organizational skills.
• Two years work experience in admissions/enrollment/sales environment.
• CRM/Relational Database proficiency (Salesforce, SLATE, Hobson’s, etc).
Open Until Filled
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: June 07, 2021
Applications close: Open until filled