Assistant Director, Donor Engagement, Department of Athletics
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-11
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Executes ILC stewardship and engagement initiatives.
- Executes Excellence Fund stewardship and engagement initiatives.
- Manages Deacon Club Student-Athlete Annual “Thank you” process.
- Manages Forever Deacs programming and Endowment stewardship.
- Assists with bowl, NCAA/ACC tournament and/or postseason programming for Deacon Club.
- Assists with away game travel/events for the Deacon Club.
- Serves as planning and execution support for Deacon Club events.
- Coordinates Deacon Club hosted tailgates.
- Coordinates various small group/regional events for Deacon Club and Wake Forest Athletics.
- Coordinates all aspects of the Volunteer Army meeting logistics including: planning, invitation, social events, and meeting execution.
- Assist with coordinating incoming student-athlete parent orientations.
- Manages Virtual programming including Program Update Calls, Volunteer Army meetings, Virtual Happy Hours, etc.
- Assists with Naming Recognition inventory.
- Manages Freshmen Move-in Gifts and Senior Gifts initiatives.
- Updates plaques for premium seating including Basketball Floor Seats, Basketball Suites, Club Tables, and Deacon Tower Suites.
- Assists with the negotiation of contracts with various vendors to ensure costs and terms of contracts are within budgetary guidelines.
- Assists in the development of event budgets, tracks expenditures and ensures all stated guidelines are adhered to.
- Represents the department at business and community meetings; may conduct tours and/or give presentations.
- Serves as Athletics staff liaison for 5th floor suites on football game days.
- Serves as Athletics staff liaison for Top Hat Tavern on men’s basketball game days.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience required. Employee should have the ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities in a fast-paced environment and be an expert in all areas of event creation, planning and execution. Some lifting and moving of event-related items is required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Knowledge of fundraising and event software is preferred.
- Employee will have a working knowledge of Deacon Club budgets and will be expected to make purchases in the best interest of the department.
- Employee will help to oversee the Donor Experience intern and ensure intern is staying on task.
- Ensures compliance with NCAA rules and regulations related to outside interest groups, to include keeping donors informed as to applicable rules, and preventing interference with the operation of intercollegiate athletics programs.
Provides guidance and supervision for student workers, interns and volunteers.Additional Job DescriptionTime Type RequirementFull timeNote to Applicant:This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.