Maintenance Service Technician, Department of Facilities and Campus Services
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-07
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
- Repairs basic electrical systems, outlets and cords; resets breakers; installs motors and belts as needed; responds to all electrical requests as needed; performs preventive maintenance on equipment as scheduled.
- Stops overflowing and clogged toilets; unstops showers and sinks; repairs valves, gaskets and lines (this includes but is not limited to water, sewer, steam and condensate lines); responds to all requests for plumbing service as directed; performs preventive maintenance on plumbing equipment as scheduled.
- Monitors HVAC makes adjustments as needed; changes filters and fan belts; opens HVAC drains; performs preventive maintenance on HVAC equipment as scheduled.
- Performs minor carpentry repairs on doors, door hardware, windows, storm window fabrication, walls, shelving, and other carpentry repairs as needed.
- Utilities Systems Monitoring ; Chilled Water, Steam, Water Sewer, Electrical, Storm Water
- Experience working and communicating with those who are subtly or obviously different than self.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High school diploma or G.E.D plus specialized training with one to four years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work from ladders, scaffolds, hydraulic lifts, or in tunnels and crawl spaces.
- General knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting repairs and installation as needed.
- Ability to meet the requirements of the University’s automobile insurance.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to read, understand and abide by all safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain effective customer relations.
- Ability to work any assigned shift/work schedule.
- Physical Requirements: heavy work; exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Talking, hearing, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, and grasping. Visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performing mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc. Activities occur both inside and outside, subject to both environmental conditions. Worker is subject to noise, vibrations, hazards, atmospheric conditions, and oils.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Training / Experience in maintenance or utility field
- Knowledge and experience in HVAC building automation systems.
- Back Flow Preventer testing
- NC Pool Operator
- Fire Safety systems
In order to provide a safe learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Wake Forest University is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in employment for individuals with disabilities.Additional Job DescriptionTime Type RequirementFull timeNote to Applicant:This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.