Creative Content Producer, Department of Athletics
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-07
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
- Assist in producing creative video, graphics, photos, and other creative content for assigned sports in a timely manner, while meeting the overall strategy and philosophy goals of the department.
- Generate digital content for posting on athletic teams’ social media sites.
- Meet quick turnarounds to post high quality videos on the same day that events occur, while also balancing multiple video projects.
- Prepare video packages for team functions and/or approved distribution on the Athletic Department website and social platforms.
- Edits and creates vision of video content through both visual and audio deliverables.
- Plans, directs, shoots, and edits video and multi-media productions.
- Provides leadership in photo and video shoots for assigned sports.
- Assists in the production of graphic design needs as needed to complete projects.
- Assist video operations team to ensure other sport projects are moving from concept to production, and from production to completion in an effective and efficient manner.
- Work with a team of creative content producers to deliver video content across multiple platforms.
- Collaborate with supervisors and team to maintain strategy and content calendar to produce videos and digital elements for internal and external promotional efforts.
- Assist with establishing staff vision and philosophy for all social media platforms.
- Provide insight to push department forward with emerging trends in social, digital media, as well as in-venue entertainment.
- Uphold department branding guidelines & identity standards.
- Optimize, proof, upload and track videos to ensure accuracy prior to sharing with the rest of team and clients.
- Maintain quality control and enforce correct file and Meta data conventions.
- Create the right balance of content strategy, business skills, editorial expertise, and creative vision while taking on the challenge of ensuring the quality, consistency, and adherence to the University’s brand identity.
- Research the latest video styles and trends, and understand how to apply those learnings to video services.
- Work across the Wake Forest community to provide creative vision to enhance the overall university video communications efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in Filmmaking, Public Relations, Communications, Videography, Photography, Graphic Design or related field, plus 1-2 years of related experience. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite required, specifically Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Professional, optimistic, positive problem-solver.
- Required to work quickly, efficiently, and with adaptability under strict deadlines.
- Ability to work long hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience within NCAA Division I college athletics program desired.
- Work experience and knowledge of video production, including but not limited to shooting, non-linear editing, color correction, audio editing.
- Proven success producing creative and innovative multi-media content, as well as experience in other multi-media production platforms (web sites, animation, graphic design) desired
- Ability to translate ideas and understand limitations in a variety of creative applications such as Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Premier, Photoshop, Prelude, Lightroom, Google Drive, along with limitations of physical production and computer generated post production techniques.
- Knowledge of professional and cinematic video cameras required, including but not limited to Sony F5, FS5, a7 family of cameras
- Must be well-versed in color grading, audio mixing and creating basic support graphics.
- Creative thinker who can balance the institutional brand and key Athletics initiatives with novel concepts.
- Familiarity with digital media workflows and audio production equipment including the various uses, capabilities, applications, limitations, and costs.
- Must possess superior image-making and storytelling capabilities.
- Must collaborate with a variety of media experts across integrated campaigns.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently; ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in high pressure situations.
- Knowledge of superior customer service standards and practices.
- Ability to work after hours and/or weekends and on-call, as specified by supervisor, and availability to travel with teams.
- Valid driver license with good driving record; must be insurable.
Supervises, trains, provides work direction and problem solving assistance for student workers, and interns assigned to creative projects\tasks.Additional Job DescriptionTime Type RequirementFull timeNote to Applicant:This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.