Maintenance Repair Mechanic
- Perform simple plumbing installation and repairs.
- Repair and install walls and ceilings
- Paint interior and exterior surfaces
- Perform general carpentry
- Responsible for event set up of microphone and sound equipment and ensures reliable operation of event use equipment.
- Installs and repairs doors and hardware, including overhead doors
- Replaces window glass, glazes window; repairs, installs and reseals windows
- Removal and replacement of concrete and stone pavers.
- Repair and replace damaged roof areas
- Repair, replacement and installation carpet and floor tiles.
- Installs and repairs furnishings, fixtures, and equipment.
- Changes light bulbs, ballasts and broken lenses where required.
- Installs, repairs and maintains window air conditioning units
- Performs basic electrical outlet and switch repairs including breaker resets
- Performs basic repairs to audiovisual, telecommunication, and data equipment.
- Must participate with overtime staff coverage, as needed, to address campus needs and will participate on the physical plant weekly "on-call" listing. Refusal to participate will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Additional job related duties as required by the supervisor.Removes snow and ice from College roads, parking lots, sidewalks and steps.Assist in loading and unloading trucks during major moves as required.May perform athletic and event set-ups and break down as required.Must use College owned vehicles to traverse campus to efficiently complete daily work tasks, includes the use of a bucket truck or JLG lift.Assembles and works from scaffolding.
- Able to read, write, and comprehend at a level appropriate to the duties of the position 12 month work experience preferred in one of the following areas; carpentry; concrete; dry wall installation and repair; plumbing; painting; plaster installation and repair; windows, doors, and keys, tiles; roofing, welding burning soldering; general maintenance.Knowledge acceptable safety practices required. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Must be able to read schematics. Valid PA driver's license Ability to follow instructions given either orally or in writing.Ability to learn to use hand tools, power tools and power equipment Knowledge of basic safety.
- Lift up to 80 pounds Ability to push and pull Stand Walk up to 8 hours per day Climb ladders, stairs, and scaffolds Bend Stoop Kneel Able to use basic hand tools Work both indoors and outdoors Stamina for prolonged or short-term physical exertion
- Health Insurance provided by Service Employees International Union (Local 32BJ)TIAA Retirement plansTuition benefitsService Date -Employed full-time by the College on or after July 1, 2018 Probationary period for new employees will be 90 daysWorkweek-5 days/35 hours per weekOvertime is paid at time and one-half rate after 40 hours in a standard workweek Shift differential of $0.25 for 3rd shiftCollege holidays, sick leave, personal and vacation daysCollege call-in procedure
Job Description Status The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are illustrative ones anticipated for this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required. Washington & Jefferson College reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of its programs. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.Washington & Jefferson Collegehttps://washjeff.applicantpro.com