Financial Aid Assistant I/I (INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY)
Positions are open only to current full-time and part-time
Central Arizona College employees
Disseminate financial aid information to students and perform a variety of tasks and duties to ensure accuracy and timeliness of application processing for financial aid. Serve all students as a TRUE Learning Community by promoting student success through student learning, student development, and student retention.
In a high-volume processing environment, a Financial Aid Assistant II prepares and processes student financial aid files in accordance with federal, state, and institutional regulations and guidelines for the purpose of determining eligibility and awarding financial aid.
- Perform a variety of detailed functions in support of the Financial Aid Office. Duties include answering correspondence, report preparation, processing a variety of documents. Handle multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously and makes decisions independently according to established guidelines and office procedures. Maintain financial aid consumer information, applications, and forms.
- Process federal student aid applications (FAFSA) according to federal guidelines established by the US Department of Education and departmental financial aid guidelines. Verify and Determine student eligibility for financial aid based upon student financial needs and program guidelines, policies and procedures. Create a financial aid package and notify students of awards or denial of awards.
- Retrieve and analyze data from several sources, compare information to verify its completeness according to established guidelines. Request additional information bases on analysis and review
- Evaluate and monitor Student Academic Progress (SAP) for each federal student aid recipient according to institutional policy.
- Process federal and private student loan and parent loan applications according to established guidelines.
- Provide information and services to students on all aspects of eligibility and the availability of financial aid.
- Notify students of changes in eligibility of awards.
- Attend conferences, workshops, and trainings to remain current with relevant laws, rules and regulations.
- Determine student eligibility for the Arizona Foster Care Tuition Waiver.
- Perform other duties commensurate with the function and level of the position to include participation on college committees, and the recruitment and retention of students.
*Financial Aid Assistant I Qualifications:
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma/GED and two (2) years of clerical and customer service experience to include one year in student services and/or a financial institution.
Entry salary for Financial Aid Assistant I is $17.58 - $18.63 per hour
(Dependent upon qualifications)
*Financial Aid Assistant II Qualifications:
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Associates degree and two (2) years of experience performing financial aid or related duties – or – four (4) years of experience performing financial aid or related duties in lieu of education.
Entry salary for Financial Aid Assistant II is $19.75 - $20.94 per hour
(Dependent upon qualifications)
*Position level will be determined based upon experience.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: The application packet should consist of:
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities