Alumni Relations Event Planner, Stanford Law School
Alumni Relations Event Planner, Stanford Law School🔍School of Law, Stanford, California, United StatesNew📁Alumni Relations📅4 days ago Post Date📅89879 Requisition #Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description.JOB PURPOSEAlumni Relations is part of the Office of External Relations, a collaborative joint department, composed of a fundraising group and an alumni relations group, which operate together to build and maintain relationships with Stanford Law School alumni, parents and friends to advance the school’s mission. In this challenging and rewarding position, the successful candidate will help strengthen Stanford Law School alumni communities through events held on campus, regionally, and virtually. As a member of the Stanford Law School (SLS) Alumni Relations group, the Alumni Relations Event Planner reports to the Director of Alumni Relations and works with the SLS Alumni Relations teams to develop, plan, and execute SLS events that reach, serve, and engage SLS alumni. He/She/They will consult with stakeholders and plan logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support, and pre- and post-event evaluations. They will also collaborate with the Stanford Alumni Association, the Office of Development, and other university colleagues. The Alumni Relations Event Planner manages and executes the logistics of many events hosted by External Relations, including but not limited to regional events to activate alumni chapters globally, Alumni Weekend, SLS Fest, the Graduating Class Dinner, Swearing-in Ceremony, and Advanced Degree Community Picnic. Core Duties:
- Design, plan, implement, and coordinate customized events.
- Evaluate and select vendors and providers of services considering stakeholder requests and requirements.
- Serve as a member of the SLS Alumni Relations team, and contribute in a wide variety of functional areas including decisions around budget allocation, event logistics and facilities.
- Consult with stakeholders to determine objectives and requirements.
- Inspect event facilities to ensure they conform to the event needs.
- Manage accounting operations relating to registration, including daily accounting procedures and reports, final monetary summaries, and/or account transfers.
- May serve as project leader on smaller scale events, coordinating teams that plan, implement, and manage all aspects of events or manage program elements of larger scale events.
- Utilize and/or maintain complex databases. May use specialized event planning software.
- May inspect event facilities for maintenance, janitorial and fire safety issues.
- In addition, Procure and coordinate vendor services. Negotiate vendor contracts to minimize liability and risks.
- Demonstrated success planning events.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving skills, taking initiative, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management, and customer service skills. Must be well organized and detailed oriented.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and other online documents, such as Google Docs.
- Ability to interact and successfully collaborate with a broad spectrum of contributing groups and customers.
- Previous experience with Marketo, Postgrads, and CARD
- When conducting university business, must comply with the California Vehicle Code and Stanford University driving requirements.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. Stanford Law School seeks to hire the best talent and to promote a safe and secure environment for all members of the university community and its property. To that end, new staff hires must successfully pass a background check prior to starting work at Stanford University.Additional Information
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4882
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Department URL: http://www.law.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 89879