Public Relations and Social Media Officer
Public Relations and Social Media Officer🔍School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States📁Communications📅Jun 07, 2021 Post Date📅89882 Requisition #Stanford University is seeking a Public Relations Officer 2 to be under the guidance of senior management, plan, coordinate and implement communication programs for a department/unit, center or institute. Develop internal and external written communications, Web and digital communications, and collateral materials and coordinate media relations programs and efforts.Duties include:
- Provide public relations support for audiences that are both internal and external to the university.
- Plan and execute activities to support public relations objectives.
- Develop, execute and oversee written communications of moderate complexity, including presentations, speeches, news stories, web content, talking points, and correspondence and social media posts.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners
- Participate in regular meetings of key researchers with media relations needs to develop strategies and tactics for facilitating effective communications.
- Identify and maintain professional relationships with key press, policy influencers and community leaders.
- Prepare content for internal or external newsletters. Understand email and digital content distribution.
- Assist in developing strategies for brand managements, reputation management and issues management of moderate complexity.
- Assist with the design and implementation of effective constituent communications programs and social media strategies.
- Serve as a project leader for public relations activities of small to moderate complexity.
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Excellent written communication skills, reporting skills, and advanced skills in conceptual editing, copy editing, and proof reading.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal communications groups across campus.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in working with a variety of people.
- Capacity to write and synthesize materials and communicate information in a manner easily understood.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, speaking.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- On call and ability to respond 24/7.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4263
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Department URL: http://neurosurgery.stanford.edu
- Requisition ID: 89882