Supplier Enablement Coordinator
Supplier Enablement Coordinator🔍Business Affairs: Financial Management Services (FMS), Redwood City, California, United States📁Finance📅Jun 07, 2021 Post Date📅89881 Requisition #**This is a 2 year fixed term position.**Financial Management Services (FMS) is a unit of Business Affairs, whose vision is to work together to make administration seamless and efficient to enable and support teaching, learning and research. Business Affairs' mission is to provide integrated financial, technical, business and Human Resources services for the benefit of the Stanford Community. Within FMS, Procurement Services oversees the policies, processes, and systems associated with buying and paying activities at the university. In this rewarding position within the Procurement Services department, as the Supplier Enablement Coordinator you will be responsible for all aspects of vendor risk assessment and management. JOB PURPOSE:Perform moderately complex finance functions and/or activities related to budgeting and forecasting requiring specific knowledge, skills, and broad application of policies, precedents, and systems within context of internal policies and external regulations. CORE DUTIES:
- Perform structured analysis; conduct data mining; identify, clarify, and investigate discrepancies and exceptions; proactively develop solutions and processes.Maintain, reconcile, review, combine, and validate financial data sets and accounts, utilizing financial reports, financial databases, and key financial information.Run and analyze financial reports, often from multiple systems; assist in preparation of management information reports.Resolve issues within immediate work unit; Perform preliminary analysis, recognize exceptions and recommend solutions that may require policy changes or the development of new processes.Ensure works complies with complex internal policies and external regulations which may require interpretation.Participate as a member of a project team and contribute to change management strategy through communication and collaboration with others.Serve as a first line resource to client groups on matters in work unit.Understand and participate in cross training on core functions in work area or unit; serve as a back-up to other functions.May supervise the day-to-day activities and provide on the job coaching and training to other staff, as needed.
- Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.User knowledge and demonstrated experience of financial systems; internet and computer literacy.Understanding and ability to apply basic accounting skills and concepts.Demonstrated communication skills, including ability to prepare materials for and clearly and effectively communicate information to internal audiences and client groups.Basic project management skills and ability to contribute as part of a project team.
- Routine extended working hours during peak cycles; travel to school/unit sites across university.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Additional Information
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4451
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 89881