Assistant to the Head Coach, Men's Basketball🔍Athletics, Stanford, California, United States
📁Administration📅Jun 07, 2021 Post Date📅89880 Requisition #Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletics program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 128 NCAA championship titles, won the Women’s Capital One Cup four of the last five years, and have brought home the Learfield Director’s Cup for 25 straight years. We also support the university’s physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the DAPER culture, “The DAPER Way,” which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you! The Assistant to the Head Coach, reporting to the Anne and Tony Joseph Director of Men’s Basketball (“Head Coach”), will administer, support, and manage the day-to-day functions of the Men’s Basketball program as directed by the Head Coach. Your responsibilities include:
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Assist with coordinating official visits including activity planning, host coordination, hotel accommodations, meals, travel and flight arrangements, transportation, and campus meetings
- Serve as the Men’s Basketball liaison to external relations, equipment room, and other Athletics Department groups. Interact and engage with Stanford faculty.
- Work in partnership with marketing and the ticket office to develop strategic initiatives around attendance, fan experience, and engagement with the program
- Manage all ticket requests for home and road games. Work closely with the ticket office to coordinate ticket requests
- Oversee and manage the ball boy/girl program
- Oversee and manage the 6th Man Club and interaction with students on campus
- Monitor NCAA Compliance issues and work with the compliance office to coordinate paperwork for early entry candidates
- Serve as the primary contact with Athletics and University Development. Liaison with the Buck-Cardinal Club. Manage and process charitable requests including items for auction (will work with compliance and marketing on all requests)
- Manage team per diem distribution for home and road competitions
- Assist coaching staff with preparation of scouting reports and game plans
- Work closely with Head Coach relating to his public speaking commitments
- Participate in pre-game chalk talks
- Provide administrative assistance at practice as needed (running clocks, stats, video)
- Execute and coordinate clinics
- Oversee and manage program community outreach
- Assist with any and all camp duties
- Secondary point of contact for Agent Selection Process
- Coordinates team banquets to include organizing awards, guest list, and menu
- Assist with scheduling of regular season games
- Travel with team to away competition
- Supervise and monitor performance of student managers and other staff as assigned
- Maintain knowledge of relevant NCAA rules
Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize own work and multi-task.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Relevant subject matter knowledge.
- Ability to direct the work of others, for jobs requiring supervision.
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford’s intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for ensuring that his/her/their involvement with Athletics Department activities maintains the integrity of the University’s reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations. Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture
and unique perks
empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
* The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. *Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job. *Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4121
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 89880