Clinical Research Assistant
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Maryland Baltimore School of Medicine is hiring a Clinical Research Assistant to work at the Maryland Psychiatric Research Center’s Neuroimaging Research Program. The Research Assistant supports various research and brain imaging projects pertaining to mental health and fMRI research. This position is responsible for assisting with the performance of research projects in a clinical setting including recruitment of potential study subjects, collecting and organization of data. This position requires reliable transportation for travel to different sites for data collection and out-of-state travel to Lancaster, PA. This Exempt, Contractual position offers a generous benefits package that includes 10 vacation days, 11 personal and holidays, 5 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and supplemental retirement options; and limited tuition remission for employees enrolled at UMB. In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources.
This position will report to the Maryland Psychiatric Research Center (MPRC) located on the grounds of Spring Grove Hospital in Catonsville, MD.
- Perform high quality data collection by conducting research interviews, clinical brain imaging, electrophysiology, neurophysiology, and or neurocognition testing.
- Recruit and screen subjects for research studies according to IRB protocols.
- Conduct literature reviews and internal searches on topics related to studies.
- Collect baseline and follow-up data from subjects including verification of eligibility; obtaining consent and enrollment; assuring accurate demographic information for follow-up.
- Coordinate the research study recruitment, subject sampling and staff scheduling.
- Perform administrative duties such as: assist in developing and submitting grants, papers, abstracts, manuscripts and presenting studies; develop protocol manuals and data collection instruments, participate in field visits.
- Establish and maintain database files and reports on progress of programs, studies, and/or projects. May perform data analysis and interpretation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Sociology, Biological Sciences, Social Work, Nursing, Pre-Med, Neuroscience or other field of study related to human or clinical research.
Preferred: Prior clinical research experience is preferred.
Other: May consider a combination of directly related experience and education. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain high standards with the work being performed. Assumes personal responsibility for all outcomes; makes effective and timely decisions; and learns how to effectively use technology.
- Ability to use measurable statistical tools to monitor research progress and data quality.
- Skill in clinical interviewing techniques with an understanding of engineering, psychology, biology and neurobiology education.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of subjects and information obtained.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Present information in a clear concise way, listen attentively to verbal and non-verbal cues of participants.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as with families from diverse ethnic, racial, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to meet situations with tact, diplomacy, understanding and equity.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and demonstrate professional, ethical, respectful, and courteous behavior when interacting with others.
- Capable of interacting pleasantly and positively with others to meet customer expectations and provide follow up with customers.
- Excellent organizational and program management skills.
- Ability to utilize relevant software applications, spreadsheets, database management software applications, skill in programming and scripting.
The Hiring Range for this position is in the low $40,000s, commensurate with education and experience. UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected] If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact [email protected] Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Medicine - Psychiatry
Job Posting: Jun 7, 2021
Unposting Date: Jun 21, 2021, 11:59:00 PM