System Administrator (Windows)
The University of Maryland School of Dentistry (UMSOD) Office of Information Technology is seeking a Windows System Administrator. This position will work independently and as part of a team. The Systems Administrator is responsible for the installation, support, and maintenance of server storage systems, and/or operating systems within the School of Dentistry. Assists in the planning of and responds to service outages and infrastructure problems. Using the latest technologies in high-throughput and high-performance computers and enterprise class storage systems develops computational infrastructures.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to eligible employees. This position receives an annual leave package starting with 22 accrued vacation days, 14 floating and observed holidays, 15 sick days, and 3 personal days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; professional learning and development opportunities; flexible schedules and teleworking options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools. In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources. Essential Functions:
• Perform operating systems administration, development, installation, maintenance, and upgrades for the school of Dentistry. This may include installing/restoring data.
• Create and apply operating system policies that would ensure the security and integrity of operating systems to increased efficiency for users, applications, operating systems management, etc. Assist in the evaluation of new technologies and products. Monitor operations of central computing resources for performance optimization.
• Provide technical support for client workstations and resolve system and program issues for all applications utilized by staff, including the upgrade of operating systems to support new applications.
• Perform upgrades to hardware and software based on existing operations. Make recommendations for upgrading hardware and software resources.
• Document day-to-day procedures and protocols associated with hardware and operating system environments, as well as review systems in order to monitor and log abnormalities. Provide documentation to guide operations personnel in the day-to-day functions associated with hardware and operating systems environments.
• Responsible to consult with applications and database personnel relative to hardware and operating system environments.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors in computer science, information technology, systems administration, computer engineering or a related field of study.
Experience: One (1) year experience with proficient knowledge of at least one (1) operating systems, such as: Windows, Mac OS, and (RedHat/Suse/Solaris/AIX/HPUX).
Preferred: Prior experience working with Windows server software, MS Office 365, Virtual server and desktop, SCCM.
Other: May consider a combination of directly related experience and education.
Hiring Range: Approximately $70,000 - $80,000, commensurate with education and experience. UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected].
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Dentistry - Information Technology
Job Posting: Jun 7, 2021
Unposting Date: Jun 21, 2021, 11:59:00 PM