Director of Business Operations
The University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON) is currently recruiting for a Director of Business Operations for the Partnerships, Professional Education, and Practice department (PPEP). This position manages the daily operations of the PPEP department and it’s six units; Offices of Global Health, Professional Education, Institute of Educators, Clinical Simulation, Standardized Patient Program and the Wellmobile. The director is responsible for developing and achieving goals and objectives in alignment with defined strategy and supporting the overall execution of results.
- Directs day-to-day departmental operations. Recommends financial, personnel, and significant strategic decisions for Department Chair/senior professional approval.
- Achieve departmental and school objectives through the coordinated efforts of others; managing recruitment, engagement, performance, and development of employees.
- Develops, implements and manages goals and objectives in support of strategic plans.
- Participates in the long- and short-term strategic planning.
- Develops, executes, and enforces standards of operations, policies, procedures, processes, and protocols to ensure compliant, effective, and efficient operations.
- Measures operational results against established standards, making necessary adjustments.
- Managers operations, workflow, projects, and/or systems that have a strategic impact.
- Accountable for operational and/or financial resources, legal and policy compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, public health, finance, marketing, accounting, human resources, or other related field. Master's degree preferred. Experience: Seven (7) years of related experience to position required, with at least three (3) years’ experience in two of the following; human resources, payroll, finance, facility or research administration. Experience in Health Education preferred.Supervisory Experience: Three (3) years of direct management responsibilities that involves personnel recruitment, training, and professional development related to position.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:Thorough knowledge of position requirements. Thorough knowledge of all applicable requirements, regulations, and laws. Skill in effective use of applicable technology/systems. Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thought, ideas, and facts. Ability to support a mission and strategic vision. Instructional, training, and teambuilding skills to strengthen and cultivate relationships. Skill in consultation and change management. Ability to demonstrate, understand, apply and adhere to the UMB Core Values of Accountability, Civility, Collaboration, Diversity, Excellence,, Leadership, and Knowledge.Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience. UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]. If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact [email protected]. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Nursing - Strategic Partnerships & Initiatives
Job Posting: Jun 7, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing