Undergraduate Admission Ambassador 2021-2022
Undergraduate Admission Ambassador 2021-2022Student Position Type:
Non Federal Work Study/La Verne WorkAppointment Type:
The work schedule will be in part determined by your class schedule, as well as with the still developing guidance on social distancing and workplace standards. Students can expect between 8 and 15 hours a week depending on availability, work volume, and time of year. However we require all student workers to contribute a minimum 5 hours of work a week.Department Manager:
Jason NealHiring Manager:
Kyle CazaresNumber of Vacancies:
2-3Job Description Summary:
The Student Ambassador program is designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary for working in the college admission field. The ambassador is responsible with providing prospective students and their families with a top quality customer service experience while providing a comprehensive view of the educational philosophies, academic offerings, and campus activities available at the University of La Verne.Specific Duties:
• Providing campus tours to prospective students and their families (During COVID this means providing a tour ON campus with one other ambassador via zoom to a virtual audience)
• Assisting with admission events such as Preview Days, Admitted Student Programs, Counselor Tours, and designated College Fair(s) (Virtual with the possibility for socially distanced in person events when approved)
• Assisting with various admission projects
• Conducting data entry and student application/admission information retrieval from CRM system
• Assembling and handling materials for mass mailings
• Assisting with call campaigns and answering student questions over the phone, in person, and via e-mail.
• Other duties as assigned by members of the Office of Admission staff
Must be a full-time, traditional undergraduate student in both academic and social good standing.
Must have access to technology capable of assisting with phone calls, e-mails, and video/audio meetings.Preferred Qualifications:
Bilingual or Multilingual
Comfort with public speaking/presenting
Customer service/office work experience
1 year or more remaining in academic programBenefits Summary:
Employees are eligible for the following benefits:
One hour of Paid Sick Leave for every 30 hours worked, with a maximum accrual of 24 hours of Paid Sick Leave per year and capped at 48 hours.
University of La Verne Defined Contribution Retirement Plan – can contribute employee voluntary contributions, excluding wages derived from federal work study funds.
In accordance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA), employees who work an average of 30 or more hours per week, will be eligible for medical coverage through the University of La Verne.
Covered under the University of La Verne Workers Compensation Insurance.Location:
La Verne Central CampusPosting Number:
06/19/2021Open Until Filled: