Desktop Support Engineer – Mac & Windows
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
It’s an exciting time to be at UMass Medical School! U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UMass Medical School near the top nationwide in primary care, and this opportunity gives the right candidate the chance to be part of an elite academic and research institution that is among the most affordable in the country. As a member of our Information Technology Department, you will join a dynamic team of dedicated individuals committed to delivering forward thinking solutions with a focus on continuous improvement. At UMass Medical School IT we recognize and reward independent thought and innovative ideas. We have fostered an environment where the team dynamic is embraced and collaboration and FUN are core components of our culture!
The PC Services Engineer is involved in all aspects of PC Services, resolving hardware and software problems in a multiple platform environment.Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Manager of PC Services, provides second level support to end users
- Review and advise company’s standard PC hardware platforms
- Review and advise company’s standard PC software suite
- Implement and maintain the configuration of the PC Software
- Maintain and repair PC hardware
- Makes critical business decisions daily with minimal supervision
- Acknowledge and resolve user service requests utilizing the service request management system
- Broad application of standard principles, concepts and techniques, including working knowledge of related fields, toward the identification and resolution of user problems
- Provide resolution to a diverse range of complex problems
- Frequently interacts with all other areas of Information Services, and external customers as necessary
- Escalates more difficult user issues as appropriate
- Preparation and presentation of troubleshooting documentation via Help Desk FAQs
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Some College education or formal training
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Travel to off-site locations required.