Facilities Coordinator, College of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences
The College of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences (CAHSS) is the largest and most diverse academic unit of the University of Denver, where students gain the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed at nearly any career in todays global society.
Reporting to the Associate Dean & Chief Operating Officer of the College, this position will provide support for the daily operations of the communal facilities of CAHSS along with serving as a front-line information resource to the public, faculty, staff, and students. This individual will be responsible for the day to day facilities activities of the eleven buildings housing the Colleges academic departments and business operation. The individual will serve as a liaison conveying the buildings needs with internal and external University partners and managing various security and general information aspects. This position will be required to maintain a flexible work schedule to coordinate the associated activities. The chief work environment is an academic building with cyclical periods of increased workloads. The College is highly diverse and spread across the DU campus, functioning collaboratively and cooperatively on the mission of the College and DU.
General Administrative and Security Duties
- Greet and assist visitors to home office building Sturm Hall.
- Provide general information and knowledge base to campus visitors, students, staff, and faculty.
- Oversee college front-line communication systems and phone.
- Serve as the access coordinator for Sturm Hall via the C-Cure Access Control System.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean & Chief Operating Officer.
Building Oversight and Coordination
- Monitor proper functioning of equipment and common space elements.
- Oversee the physical space within the college facilities, ensuring space is arranged in a way which supports the professional functions of the Colleges administration.
- Monitor the condition of Sturm Hall, including the appropriate use of physical space and submission of work orders with the central Facilities office as needed.
- Perform space allocation changes and analysis when required.
- Support scheduling for space use in Sturm Hall for CAHSS-controlled rooms.
- Bachelor's degree in progress or an equivalent combination of experience and education obtained in other work settings such as the military or non-profit organizations.
- One year of experience in an office support setting with a particular focus in the areas of the day-to-day office or program management.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three to five years in an office support setting, preferably in a higher education environment with exposure to facilities, space management, and health and safety protocols.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Some night and weekend hours on occasion.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Tuesday, June 22nd, 2021. Applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 8.
The hourly range for the position is $26.00 - $29.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover letter which addresses your personal philosophy on diversity, equity and inclusivity.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.