Clinical Social Worker-ED MSW
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-07
The Emergency Department Clinical Social Worker is responsible for conducting face to face meetings with patients and families in order to complete assessments and provide appropriate interventions. Responsible for serving populations with a variety of clinical needs and who have needs related to health impairments chronic illness trauma death and dying marriage and family dysfunction mental health and behavioral health issues and substance abuse. Works with victims of intimate partner violence abuse neglect or exploitation and facilitate the identification and implementation of healthy boundaries and effective communication techniques. Works with patients and team members in an effort to maximize patients’ potential for the healthiest coping responses to their challenging situation including timely and safe discharge plans. Based on overall assessment and summary of patients and family needs makes appropriate community referrals and Medical Center referrals for follow up as needed. Serves as a liaison between the medical staff and the patient/family and provides interventions designed to minimize patient stress and maximize coping skills to expedite recovery. Collaborates with team members to maximize patient progression. Supervises bachelors and masters level students.
- Provides direct social work service to patients and families and/or patients in the Emergency Department by providing assistance with social and practical environmental problems.
- Provides emotional support to patients and families of patients in the Emergency Department who may exhibit feelings of anxiety and stress precipitated by illness and hospitalization.
- Conducts interventions based on needs identified during initial assessment.
- Advocates for patient and family wishes when appropriate.
- Provides emotional support to patient and family during hospitalization.
- Educates patient and family on the intent of the intervention as needed.
- Informs care team patient and family of anticipated post-discharge needs.
- Intervenes with patients and families on in-patient units as needed and as possible at times when in-patient Social Workers are not on duty.
- In-patient responsibilities include facilitating family presence at code events trauma support bereavement support response to reports of abuse and/or neglect and general support.
- Maintains acceptable working knowledge of resources needed to provide patients with continuity of care before and after discharge.
- Participates in in-service and staff development activities by attendance serving on planning committees and/or offering topics for pertinent educational programs.
- Documents all activities in accordance with UVA and Social Work Policy Procedure and Guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in education/research activities.
- Provides individual counseling/problem solving sessions.
Other: Adherence to the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) Code of Ethics.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Masters degree in Social Work from a CSWE accredited social work program required.
Experience: No experience required.
Licensure: Expectation to become Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) guidelines found in departmental addendum located in department competency file.
Job requires sitting for prolonged periods, standing/walking or use of assistive and climbing (stairs, steps). Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail, hear, speak, see, distinguish colors, read, ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull < 20lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.